1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fix GTM's gun problem

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by IanPeru, May 5, 2018.

1. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    So, as many of you know(obviously), there has been a huge push recently(or not so recently) by staff to balance the guns on the GTM server. These attempts have been met with backlash, and GTM is on the brink of, or currently in, a civil war. In the interests of everyone, I have a suggestion to save GTM's guns.

Attachments

Attachments would be special items attained via Weapons Dealers(scroll down), chests, or other ways. The idea is pretty straight forward. Once attained, put the gun you want modified in the crafting slot in your inventory, place the chosen attachment in with it, and voila. A new modified gun. You could give your gun attachments to make it shoot faster, do more damage, or be more accurate. You could change the whole aspect of your gun. Of course, with buffs come nerfs. If your attachment provided range, it would probably decrease accuracy, or if it provided accuracy, it would probably reduce damage. Furthermore, attachments wouldn't be the easiest thing to find.

And now, some ideas for attachments. Please note the possibility for guns with multiple attachments. Gun damage modification to be decided. Certain attachments can only be used with specific guns.

| (1) = small | (2) = medium | (3) = large |

Suppressor:
    Provides (2) range, (1) accuracy, and makes gun shots quieter. Decreases damage by fair amount.
    [cost range 2.5]

Sight: Provides (3) range.
    [cost range 3]

Compensator: Provides (3) accuracy and increases damage. Decreases range (2).
    [cost range 3]

Laser Sight: Provides (1) accuracy.
    [cost range 1]

Grip: Provides (2) accuracy.
    [cost range 2]

Custom Trigger: Allows gun to be fired faster via jitter-clicking.

Muzzle Brake: Provides (1) accuracy and (1) range. Increases bullet velocity.
    [cost range 2.5]

Drum Magazine: Provides (3) ammo. Decreases reload speed (1) and increases weight (1).
    [cost range 4]

Ballistics Tracker: Provides (2) accuracy. Locking onto target(same way as a homing launcher) and then hitting target will give spectral arrow affect for a decent time, only while gun is out and player is shifting.
    [cost range 4.5]

Hollow point rounds: Provides (2) damage and (1) range. Increases bullet velocity. Being tased by a cop while in possession of this attachment will allow cop to arrest you.
    [cost range 5]

This is my first round of attachment ideas. If you have any questions or need anything clarified, please ask below. Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I dont like giving dislikes unless there is a good reason so here i go:

I could see this getting very complex very quickly, the reason i like gtm over other servers it that it's simple, fun, and about 95 percent of the server is very well done.

I most definately do not want this added although it is a very thoughtful suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    This is a really interesting idea. It would fit the GTA theme really well. I'm not sure if it's possible to see those attachments on your weapon.

I got one question:
    What should happen if someone picks up a dropped fully 'upgraded' weapon? Does the attachments reset to the ones the player got or does he keep the attachments?

Thanks for your suggestion.

4. NoHaxJustSpark

NoHaxJustSpark Mugger

Student
    Like Owendog said, I don't like to hand out dislikes, but this would become WAY to complicated way too fast. Newer players would be overwhelmed by the complexity of the guns, and older players would stock up on these until they just couldn't be killed with their attachments.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cord_VII

Cord_VII Homie

male stripper
    Great idea, I had made a suggestion on discord about changing the pistols and snipers, so that they suit what they are, Pistols in GTAV can kill people and in gtm, well fuck youll never take one out. Same with snipers it should be a 1 shot kill to the head, If this is implemented it could really change gameplay and maybe bring in alot more players and youtubers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    This might have been better under the thread about "50 cal's"

7. JustACryingHorse

JustACryingHorse Hobo

Cunt
    It would probably work like gun skins (attachments reset to the ones the player got).

8. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    It’s an interesting idea but I don’t see how this would fix any balancing issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Proxorr

Proxorr Homie

I have some suggestions like this one.. But not sure about the devs limit lol

10. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    The devs can do anything ( google exists for a reason)

My question is when will the server be fixed?? Heres whats wrong.

-Hits take a full second to register
    -Grenade launchers pull you back (easiest fix)
    - when you take jp/wings off they dissapear and you fall to your death unless you can press 7 keys withen 1.5 second of it dissapearing.
    -there are retards playing that think its OK to clean up after 2 people finish a 1v1
    -miniguns are still shit
    -im not a manager.

That last one was kindof a troll.

• Sexy Sexy x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  11. Proxorr

Proxorr Homie

Not really accurate^^
    Devs cant do anything they get in their mind...

12. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    Of course you would only be able to put a certain number of attachments on each gun, and the attachments would be decently priced and balanced to prevent overuse. While an attachment would provide a buff in a certain aspect, say range, it would get a nerf in another aspect, like damage.

My idea for being able to see the gun would be making the guns differently named wool and the attachments dyes(from vanilla MC). That way when you put the dye and the wool in the crafting slot it would change the block, and therefore allow the server to update the item texture to include whatever attachment you added.

Answer: The gun would keep the attachments. It wouldn't be like picking up an OP gun randomly, the gun would have nerfs as well as buffs.

"Of course, with buffs come nerfs. If your attachment provided range, it would probably decrease accuracy, or if it provided accuracy, it would probably reduce damage. Furthermore, attachments wouldn't be the easiest thing to find."

-from original post

Trying to use a pistol to PvP is literally like trying to destroy a building with a wet noodle.

People complaining about Gusenberg not being accurate enough? They can buy a compensator. It would fix their problem and create another one(range). Buying a huge number of attachments would make the gun super expensive and players would be much less likely to use them, in case they die.

Killing a player with a modified gun would get you the modified gun. It's not as OP as it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Although I also do agree with you in regards to your opinion, giving dislikes based on opinion is actually not allowed. Please refer to the forum rules here. ;)

14. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Not to protest against you sky but the dislike was given because i did not like the suggestion. I would never say or do anything to harm Ian in any way. This is also not an opinion, it's a suggestion that i genuinely don't like. I have stated the reason as of why it was given and Ian has openly accepted the rating and defended his suggestion without opposing the ratings.

It's literally called a dislike, dis-like. Which means i don't like it. If i thought somebody was breaking the rules i would rate it "bannable" if we had that option.

I am also not the only person who has disliked the suggestion so i'm not sure as to why the other person's comment was not included in this post.

If i really must change that sentence or rating i would be more than happy to, but right now i don't think it violates any rules at all.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  15. NoHaxJustSpark

NoHaxJustSpark Mugger

Student
    The rules are crude AF, but nobody refers to them anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1