1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ian's huge armor and new system suggestion

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by IanPeru, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    As many of you know, the people of GTM want new armor. Sure, the armor we have right now is great, but the people want new things. I personally feel that we have enough armor as it is, but in the interest of keeping GTM’s little balance(and possibly adding to it) I have decided to think up a new type of armor(well, new type of system actually, but that comes later in this thread ;)) that wouldn’t be to overpowered.

So, without further ado…

THE TACHANKA ENSEMBLE

First of all, why the name?

What is a tachanka?:

Aside from being an operator from the popular fps R6S(from whom most of the inspiration for this idea comes from) the tachanka was, well, I’ll just let wikipedia tell you. Wikipedia: The tachanka could have been a horse-drawn platform, usually a cart or an open wagon with a heavy machine gun installed in the back. A tachanka could be pulled by two to four horses and required a crew of two or three (one driver and a machine gun crew).

What’s an ensemble?:

Google definition:a group of items viewed as a whole rather than individually.

I thought the two terms fit together well, so I decided to name the armor after them. And they perfectly describe just what the armor is.

The Tachanka Ensemble:

The Tachanka Ensemble isn’t the name for just one piece of armor, it’s the name for the whole suit. The armor will resemble the juggernaut suit from COD, and the aforementioned operative from Rainbow Six Siege, Tachanka, who aside from sharing the name of the armor, looks like he’s dressed in what I fancy the completed armor will look like.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Wearing this armor will effectively make you a walking tank. But there are parameters involved with being a tank, positive, and negative. A tank needs full wrap around armor, is slow, the pilots inside can’t see very well, and you can’t perform first aid on a tank. The Tachanka Ensemble inherits some of these traits.

The Ensemble Principle / interlocking plates

You must be wearing the full Tachanka Ensemble to gain its benefits. While wearing all four pieces of The Tachanka Ensemble, the player is protected by almost 9 bars of armor. Whenever a player wears any piece of the armor, even if they are only missing one part, each individual piece only provides as much protection as its equivalent in leather, ie wearing the leggings, and boots to the TE(tachanka ensemble) with titanium chest and helmet will only give you as much armor as if you were wearing regular pants and nikes, with titanium armor. This being to prevent unfair usage of the TE leggings and boots with titanium armor by gusenburgers(heh, burgers) to become nearly invincible while still moving fast, or by jetpackers to remove the danger of jetpacking with so little armor(invincible flying juggernaut samurais).

Thick Steel

While wearing all parts of the Tachanka Ensemble, a player will take less damage from miniguns and SMGs, as their rounds, doing less damage in favor of range and fire rate, would effectively bounce off the TEs thick plating. Damage from melee weapons would also be reduced(mainly katanas). While wearing the TE, a player will not be able to ingest any drugs(have you tried pushing a needle through an inch of metal?). This being so players cannot use drugs that give speed to move quickly while wearing the TE. Using drugs and then putting on the armor to bypass slowness is not an issue because putting on the full set of armor will give you a slowness potion effect that will replace any previous drug effects.

Juggernaut Helmet

While wearing the Tachanka Ensemble helmet piece, a players vision is slightly reduced, comparable to wearing a pumpkin but more visibility(obv).

Blast Resistant Boots

While wearing the full Tachanka Ensemble, a player will take less to no damage from proximity mines.

Wrap Around Barrier

A player wearing the full set Tachanka Ensemble will be impervious to the effects of tear gas.

Bulky Padding

While wearing the entire TE set, a player will not be able to use/shoot a minimum, but will however gain increased accuracy with any LMG or shotgun(the last part is purely suggestive).

That’s pretty much all the traits I could think of that wouldn’t make the TE unnecessarily complicated, because we still have a bit more to go. Another hope I have for this armor is that it won’t be sold at the regular clothes store. It deserves it’s own personal salesman. Enter the Arms Smuggler.

The Arms Smuggler

The arms Smuggler will be a new NPC that spawns in the map, almost exactly like the drug dealers, but with a twist. Instead of just normally spawning in the map at preset intervals, to get to/buy from an Arms Smuggler, a player will need to pay an amount VIA their phone to get him to enter the map. Once that amount is paid, the player will get a notification in chat with a message that goes along the lines of: “Arms Smuggler has spawned near vantage warp”, or “Meet me next to crossroads”. The Arms Smuggler will be a villager with sweg glansses(or at least it would be cool if they were).

[​IMG]

Once a player reaches the Arms Dealer, they will be able to open up a menu similar to the Drug Dealer menu, but with a twist. Instead of only being able to buy one type of thing, a player will be able to buy multiple different items, not only pieces to the Tachanka Ensemble, but ‘better’ guns that are illegal, and thus wouldn’t be sold at Ammunation(at least not openly). Suggestions for these new ‘illegal guns’ include(please note most of these guns are not illegal in real life):

• mountable LMG(Tachanka all the way)

• The Kriss Vector(my fav gun in the world)

• members of the SCAR family

• P90

• desert eagles
    Because the guns are illegal, any cop that came across you would be able to arrest you. This wouldn't nerf the guns, as they would be quite OP weapons. Some items the Arms Dealer sells would be only purchasable with tokens. Who knows, the staff could add in a whole new currency for the sole purpose of buying stuff from the Arms Smuggler.

I worked very hard on this thread, so i hope you found this not to much of a problem to read. Any feedback is highly welcome and would be appreciated.

-IanPeru

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Your armor idea is interesting and principles of it could work but the armor set itself isn’t GTA themed. The arms dealer im on the fence with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    Google: gta ballistics gear

I understand that type of armor is rare, but so will the Tachanka Ensemble(other name ideain case the original name is to weird is heavy combat equipment), considering you can only purchase it from an uncommon NPC. If it even has pieces of it, as the Arms Smuggler will have randomized items available for purchase, similar to the Drug Dealers.

Oh, and I realized I missed a trait, I edited the post and the description is now in the trait section under "Bulky Padding".

Thanks for the feedback :)

4. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    Please note that while I do know that juggernaut armor is supposed to be used to compliment a minigun, this armor is supposed to nerf minigun in effect, so giving minigunners the ability to use this armor would be pointless.

5. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    The armor idea sounds really good, the devs/managers might think about it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.