1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Fix GTM

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Grandaddy, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Grandaddy

Grandaddy Hobo

As we all are aware, GTM (like all Minecraft servers) has its positives and negatives. For a Minecraft server that has been around for a while, it has fared generally well compared to other servers out there when it comes to staying a float. But, some of the main issues can be addressed and changed for the better.

My proposal-
    Implement a seasons function to GTM

When I say add Seasons to GTM, I am referring to the idea that the server goes through phases that change over a period of time. Examples include Fortnite, League of Legends, Rainbow 6 Siege, and more.

I personally suggest that GTM does a couple of things-

• At the start of a new season, all items a player owns will be deleted.
    • At the start of a new season, ranks (Hunter, Pimp, Godfather, etc.) will be reset back to Hobo.
    • At the start of a new season, anything that was bought off of the GTM store will be transferred to the new season (donor ranks, permits, cheatcodes, etc.).
    • At end of the previous season, the players with the highest balances of money, highest numbers of kills, most minutes online the server, and possibly more will be awarded custom name tags, memorable items, and more.
    • At the end of the previous season, the best gang will receive rewards in the form of money for their accomplishments.
    • At the end of the previous season, tournaments for the MVP of the season will be held.
    • Most important- at the start of a new season, a new map should be created and implemented into the game.

Logistics/Reasoning-
    With the creation of a new season, it would create new incentive for people to continue to play the server. With the server staying static, it is eventual that things like player base, economy, and overall ratings would decrease.

When items become reset, that would then reset the economy to a new stand point. For example, a surplus of katanas would equate to prices being generally low (idea of supply and demand). With a new economy, the reverse becomes true. As more and more katanas are reintroduced into the supply base, prices would begin to drop and item amounts would rise. This makes the server more dynamic and engaging.

A player's rank holds a lot of power within the server. As people rank up, they gain access to new items and abilities. When a rank is reset, a returning player gains the incentive to start grinding and experiencing the fun and accomplishments of rising through the ranks. This also gives the incentive to buy donor ranks, as it bypasses this and provides more funds for the server (this is a financial advantage as well).

Being scammed out of money is one of the most annoying feelings a person can experience. When someone buys a good or service, they expect it to be worthy of the price tag and the description. Having items be transferred over would suffice these reasons. While this might make the server more pay to win, it would keep the general player base happy as their purchases gain more power and it grants them more advantages.

Special rewards for your accomplishments are some of the most gratifying things out there. This adds onto the incentive to grind out the game and build your name up. This also makes the server more competitive, because it is seen that when something is offered in return for work, people will usually work harder for it. For example, jobs like being a doctor or lawyer are some of the most competitive things out there based on their average yield of money (also takes more work to become a lawyer than it does to work in McDonalds).

This is probably the best win/win situations out there for Minecraft. Players will more likely be online and experiencing the server more, and in return they can make money off of it.

Players will always say that they are the best at something and that their competition is worse then they are. Tournaments are in place to prove how well a player is. The amount of work someone puts into the server will be reflected in probable results. This also makes the server more fun, engaging, and competitive.

Finally, this is the most important thing of them all. As GTM has progressed overtime, every nook and cranny has been explored on the current map. All locations have been exploited for their advantages and disadvantages by most of the player base. It also becomes boring as people are exposed to the same constant conditions that the map can offer. A new set of maps (1 per season) would change all of this. This would add the variable of uncertainty and adventure to the server as the player base figures out the ins and outs of the new map(s). With this, this highlights the builders more as an entity of the server as they get to show off their skills in building. New premium houses would be added too, which would provide new sets of dynamics to the game.

General Ideas

• Seasons should last anywhere from 6-8 months.
    • Player input should be heavily taken into consideration for each season.
    • Themes for each season should be present.
    • New positions within the management teams can be created in order to open up new opportunities for players.
    Please let me know what you think of all of these ideas within the comment section.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Learnables Learnables x 1
  2. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I’ve honestly been wanting GTM to implement a system like this for a while, however a bit differently.

I present to you... Ranked GTM (kinda like ranked skywars on a certain large minecraft network)

Ranked GTM will be a new GTM server and have seasons that last a month each, and the ‘winners’ of each month will receive store credit. The winners can be decided on several factors such as money, kills, etc.

No donor perks/gangs will be enabled so it is a truly fair experience, nor will teaming be allowed (so 1 group cannot dominate it every month)

This will allow for more people to purchase items off the store, as-well as keep GTM fresh, as every month is new.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    It sounds to me like you want gtm to turn into another HCF server, or at least thats the bassics of what your explaining.

Yes gtm needs tournaments, more events, more limited time nametags, and of course a new map. I think all of these would help gtm however i dont think introducing seasons would help it.

First off a new map has been in development for over a year, its still not released...

Second, if you give store credit to the winners of the season then you doing the exact opposite of what you want, while you are giving incentive to play your also making the rich richer and the poor poorer (in perspective). If you know anything about the NFL the teams who placed last in the league get the first picks for next seasons draft, this helps balance the teams so that theres good competition.

Third, theres an easy way to standardise the economy, make all items sellable in trashcan, boom fixed.

Fourth, as a gtm community we already voted against a full eco reset, and this wasn't by a little bit, this was a landslide decision.

I honestly think that the best thing for gtm right now would be to completely revert weapon stats to how they were 8-10 months ago, then to add monthly or even twice monthly events that add tradable tags, rare items, and cool rewards such as crowbars, tokens and money. While all of this is happening the senior team should focus on advertising, gtms target audience should naturally be older players. I often ask players how old they are and vast majority of players say 13-17.

For these reasons i dont think a seasons system would work.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Janigaming

Janigaming Hunter Supreme

Lol, really short text here, i like the idea

5. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

1. Can you explain how it would make the rich richer and the poor poorer. If you read my post I clearly said that donor perks would not work, therefore meaning everyone has an equal chance of winning.

2. Making all items sell in the trashcan will not help the economy, it will in-fact make the situation worse. If you allow everything to be sold in the trashcan, it will cause MASSIVE inflation, you will have some players with $500m and above

3. Again, if you actually read my post, I said that this would be a separate server, and no current server would reset (only the ranked server would reset)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    1. The better players, typicly high ranked players would be getting even more stuff off the buycraft giving them an even larger advantage. It would make the poor players poorer (in perspectave)

2. By makimg it possible to sell kat's... in the trash you would begin to take kat's out of existance, less kat's.. = more value.

3. I dont see the point in 2 servers, i think for the work that would need to be put into it the return would be far to minute. I also kindof interperated it as revamping gtm, not making another.

Im not saying its a 'bad' idea, i just dont think it'll work.

Besides lets be real, the best way to fix gtm rn is to undo all the stungun shit.

7. Cursed

Cursed Canadian Ping Abuser

I feel like this would never work if there were no rewards, and because of the rewards everyone would play it, leaving GTM 1 and 4 dead again.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Darkrai

Darkrai Mugger

All I want is for there to be something for me to actually spend my money on which will benefit me. Once you get over 10m and you have godfather there is nothing to waste your money on. In other words introduce a prestige system in so I can waste my money. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. N0HaxJustMango

N0HaxJustMango Professional Failure

Fruit
    You realize that GTM will die in weeks if this happens AND it may be shut down... I used to play a server where they did this and mojang shut them down bc they erased things that players used IRL money to buy (what about money and tokens and crowbars [and the items from crates]). Plus who the hek would like this it would ruin the game cause what about jetpackers and wingers? Where would their items go what about the players that don't have a bought rank and are godfather or such they would be reset and wouldn't be able to play as well anymore. This is about the stupidest post i have seen in my life on this website.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Though I see your prespective and why you would want this, it would ultimately kill gtms loyal playerbase. A comparable experience to this is Vice though, but it is currently down while GTM is being fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cursed

Cursed Canadian Ping Abuser

I do feel like @iTraitor 's prestige suggestion would work, but this would 100% kill GTM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger