1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Prestige system

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by iTraitor, Sep 1, 2018.

1. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I'm not going to lie, GTM is lacking end-game content (e.g, once you get to godfather, there is not much you can do progression wise.)

This is why I want to suggest a prestige system.

When you prestige, you will be set back to hobo, along with your cash being reset. You will have to work your way up to godfather again. (None of your items/houses/donor/stats perks reset) (EDIT: I forgot to mention, every time you prestige there will be a base amount of cash you need to pay, e.g 5mil for the first prestige, which increases every prestige)

However, when you prestige, you will be given an amount of 'prestige tokens' (Depending on how much cash you prestiged with), which can be used to unlock Semi-OP upgrades (Such as a permanent weapon damage increase, accuracy increase, etc). You will also be rewarded with a chat tag showing what prestige you are on, such as [II], [III], etc.

If this was implemented, it would allow GTM to be replayed a lot more, as some players don't like to PvP 24/7, however they like to progress, and with this system, you can make it so GTM has infinite progression, along with rewarding end-game. (if done right)

I know peraldon talked about this in a community meeting a few months ago, however I haven't heard anything of it since, and I would personally love for this to be implemented.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

I really had think hard if I like this, but I do, at a certain moment the amount of money you have is useless.

Anyway, like would you choose yourself when to prestige (like /prestige or something) or would it just automatically happen? and I guess that "semi-OP" really has to be semi, or it will cause a rage.

Even decorative stuff would be nice, like armour skins or something. And you could have crates that could only be used for prestiged players with higher chance of winning stuff and special prestige stuff.

3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    There would need to be a lot of stuff worked out, and we couldn't touch jp pvp.

This would get easily abused, i think it's like 9.7 mil to fully rankup meaning ppl like kingcord could get to prestige 12 or so un 5 minutes.

It would be impossible to stop ppl from using alts.

4. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Yes, you can prestige at any time when you have enough money, you aren't forced to, however you are given the option to. Therefore, if you wanted to be the number 1 on balance top, you still can be. Also I love the idea of armour customisation and prestige crates.

Kingcord is just an example of the minority of players on GTM, the super rich. Therefore, it's ok if he gets to a super-high prestige (However the prestige cost would increase each prestige, which I forgot to mention in the post). And after he's prestiged, he won't be able to prestige for a while. As for the alts, it really doesn't matter if you use an alt or not, since how many prestige tokens you earn is calculated by how much cash you have when prestiging. Therefore, it doesn't matter if you split the prestiges up.

5. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

Do you mean that Kingcord would be paying with real life money? Cause all cash/ bank would be gone once you prestige, right? You could add playtime hours or even kills to the next prestige level in the algorithm. Or maybe all together you would have to have a certain kdr to be able to prestige. I would love to know peraldons ideas more in detail...

And anyone wanting to pay their way to higher prestige would "support" the server with their real life money. So if you dont make any prestige reward op, but more cosmetic and "show-off" then it wouldn't really matter, I guess.

6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Lets be honest, if you could get rewards like higher damage... your basicly just fucking up the already terrible balancing gtm has.

Rewards would need to be cosmetic.

7. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Well I mean if this was going to be implemented, it wouldn’t necessarily fuck up the balancing. It won’t be like:

“OMG GET 7482283838% MORE MINIGUN DAMAGE”

It will be more like a subtle increase that stacks up over time, like a 1% damage increase.

8. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Then thats a waste of money, id never prestige.

9. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Why are you so negative? I'm trying to make a suggestion here and all you're being is negative. It's really pissing me off because I'm trying to suggest things that will improve GTM, and you're just negatively shitting all over it. If you think it's a waste of money, explain a good perk that you could have.

10. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    If you make a suggestion you have to expect negativity and you have to know that some people may not like it.

The fact is that we shouldn't be focusing on adding new content when what we have is imbalanced.

Believe me im thinking about it to, every day i think about how gtm could be helped and what it needs to get there.

Did you know that some large businesses and governments hire people specificly to challange everything, there job is litterally to ask questions and oppose everything so that the busines or government makes the best decision possible.

11. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

This would still be OP over time. It would screw up the balance (if there even is any).
    I think if a system like this were to be introduced, it should just be aesthetic. By that, I mean that you can have like the number of times you have prestiged, but it would give you no rewards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

Just give me some glittery armour, chat tag and prestige-crates, and skip the damage. make it more a "show off" than "be stronger" prestige. and like I said if kdr and playtime could be added into the algorithm it would be very prestigeful.

Anyway iTraitor I love this idea and to brainstorm about it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    I'm not going to lie about this one; i really like this suggestion. A prestige system would make GTM a lot better in my opinion.

This suggestion reminds me of a other server, which i'm not going to say the name of. A prestige system is something to get money out of the economy with, as well as it sets a goal for really rich people like me ;)

Getting money out of the economy is currently one of our main priorities, and this would help a lot getting money out of the economy.
    Having prestiges on its own is a really cool idea; imagine only 1 person on the entire server having the diamond prestige which will obviously be right next to your name in-game.

When people reach godfather there basically isn't anything they can do besides from shooting guns and getting richer.

Maybe we could do something like; every prestige level you go up, you get for example 100-1000 crowbars (Depends on how high the prestige level is) as well as 100-1000 tokens (Also depends on how high the prestige level is).

Short summary: I like the suggestion, it would help a lot getting money out of the economy as well as having people set prestige level goals for themselves.

Great suggestion @iTraitor, i hope Presidentx is going to consider the suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Thanks for the feedback (btw nice flex lmao)

15. Dieheldernaar

Haha, flexing all day you know.

16. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I made a quick concept of what this could look like based on your suggestions, let me know what you think about it:

• Sexy Sexy x 1
  17. Dieheldernaar

I love the idea. And you are a god in plugins and shit btw.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Now were getting somewhere, i really like these points of view.

@iTraitor im sorry if i sounded rude but i just didn't see combat upgrades beneficial to gtm or the balancing, i like this idea being strictly cosmetics and i think it would GREATLY improve gtm.

Also dieheldernaar is right, getting money out of the economy should be a goal for gtm rn and this will help that a lot.

It would be cool if you could buy prestiges via buycraft ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I actually flipped around on that one. I also believe that cosmetics are the way to go with it. Thanks for the feedback ;) (also sorry if I sounded pissed off at you before)

• Like Like x 2