1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Request, And I Guess a Mild Rant For Vice (And no, it ain't about Season 3)

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Sparkachu, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Sparkachu

Sparkachu Hobo

I don't really do introductions well, and what I'm gonna try to request will probably be a very long explanation, so I'll just get straight to the point.

Now I know that Season 2 for Vice was over long ago, and since then the server has been left alone for others to explore or whatnot. I even had a lot of fun trying to design farms to maximize the full potential of machines and other things. Even after the second season of Vice, a small handful of us still go on that server to have fun.

So, what I'm trying to request isn't to bring in the 3rd Season of Vice; the GTM servers seems more of a priority to the staff and I fully understand that, especially since there aren't many developers to begin with. However, I would like to ask if one of the developers have some time this month to work on some.... minor kinks and improvements for Vice, just so some of the former Vice players can go back to practicing what they like.

Now when I point out some of the changes they should make, I don't mean huge changes like modifying how machines work and things like that, I'm talking more about the small changes that could greatly improve the quality or performance of the server. Most of these issues can be solved by just finding a file or a small change in the coding of the server function or something (These are just examples, I don't know how computer coding works). Now I know that developers are always busy working on the GTM servers, but many of the veteran Vice players and I would greatly appreciate it if any of these tiny issues were worked on.

So I have taken notes of three of the biggest issues that I believe have the most affect on the gameplay and methods of the server. The issues are posted in another thread here. (I had to separate them since the forum doesn't accept threads more than 10,000 characters, so don't blame me for being picky)
    https://grandtheftmc.net/threads/the-three-major-issues-of-vice.9035/

So there you have it: the three most impacting issues in Vice and the solutions of how to fix them. Now I know that there aren't as many developers as there were on the server and they are busy and whatnot, but these issues are simple and easy to fix, to what I believe would probably only take a few hours to code and change. Like I said before, if you are able to put that much of an effort on improving GTM, then it should not be that difficult to implement these three easy changes for Vice. And since there isn't realy a contest or season reward of Vice anymore, you don't really have to worry about people manipulating the changes later on since they only affect gameplay and efficiency. This will probably lift the burden and the fear of people cheating since they don't affect any of the money making methods and systems. These changes are to just give us a better experience for us still playing Vice and give us more time to make giant farms efficiently and rise them up to our full potential.

Now I want you to address these problems and you can take as much time as you want to fix them, but these issues, I believe, are just simple as they are and won't really be much of a problem as you imagined they were before. I hope that you would be able to add the changes so I and the fellow Vice veterans can return and prosper.

Thanks you and regards.
    Sparkachu, Veteran Vice Player

Oh yeah, if anyone who also used to play Vice sees this and agrees with me, comment so there can be awareness of this. (Don't be rude though, it's not nice to be rude)

• Sexy Sexy x 1
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  2. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sparkachu

Sparkachu Hobo

Okay never mind that. :oops: