1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion: Server status page

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Micatchu, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

So there has been quit a bit of down time the last days. Mostly for Vice but also for GTM. 90% of the time asking with the /help command the answer has been silence. Any answer here on the forum is mostly hours later or just from the community that knows as little as yourself about it. Any answer from staff can litterary take hours (sometimes 2-digits).

So it would improve enormously if there was a server status page where you could see:
    1. The up/down status per server

2. Any developer locking a server for fixes for a longer time than a quick restart, would report the lock and the unlock as well as the expected down time

3. If a server is down and this gets reported to any staff online, that they would then update the server status for that server (if it hasn't already been done)

4. Any major issue being worked on would preferably be mentioned to calm upset people
    Please understand the extreme frustration of not being able to log on and not getting any response when using /help or placing the question here on the forum and a server just keeps staying down. Most of us have limited time of being online and look very much forward to the moments when we can. To just give us some clear up-to-date on the server status would help a lot. And it would prevent ranting reports here on the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. peraldon

peraldon Production Manager

Manager
    Heya,

Yeah, I can appreciate the frustration. A status page may be helpful, although we tend to throw updates into Discord as well, so that is a stellar way to get the latest information from us.

3. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

Ok, so I just took the time to go through the last days of Discord messages. I couldn't find any announcement about Vice being up or down or any other status. There is this Brownwood guy that asks a couple of times. The first time he gets told that vice is up, while that actually seems to not be the case and the second time there is after 5hrs (until now) still no answer.

So actually it doesn't seem to really solve the problem of having a place for people to see the status of a server. The difference with the forum is that here you could give it a fixed place where one would know exactly where to look, without having to scroll through a whole flow of messages on discord until you may or may not find what the status information your looking for.

And I just want to say that this is a suggestion I've been wanting to mention for a long time. I just never got around to it. I agree that the frustration might be slightly higher because of the lack of information about Vice being down for days, but I do really beleive that players as well as staff would benefit from such a server status page, because everything would be clear and informative which results in happy people. :)