1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?

Are you pro scams

1. ye

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. nah

100.0%
  1. DrHippy

DrHippy Hobo

Hear me out. Scams are a bitch on this server. They're very common and target new players. it's discouraging to new players, and promotes a very toxic community. I have a hard time trying to make a transaction with anyone without them attempting to scam me. Not only will folks heartlessly scam ya, but they'll often make sure to rub it in and mock ya. They're a bunch of assholes.

I get that scams are supposed to be protected with /trade, but I was recently finessed out of three katanas by the buyer switching $210k to $1 and the last second. I'm newer to this server and that's kind of a big blow for me. A little update to /trade to discourage this would help.

I just think that there would be more good than harm to adding protection from scams.

Please consider.
    -DrHippy

• Like Like x 1
  2. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

I do agree that scamming is annoying. I've been scammed out of a few million and it really sucks. However, that is the nature of the game.
    You can always ask a staff member to middle-man. Staff members are not allowed to scam players, and we can help facilitate transactions. But please note, not all staff members middle-man. We can middle-man at our discretion.

3. DrHippy

DrHippy Hobo

Understandable. I think making it known to new players just how accepted it is would be good.
    maybe give somehow give them more in sight on how to avoid scams.
    And I also still believe /trade should be made less susceptible to scams.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Yes, /trade should recieve an update.

Even I was a victim of scamming back in my early days. Brand new player. This was a big hit, so I understand.

• Like Like x 1