[Patch 2.0.0] Weapon Attachment and 1.19 Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cyborg_, Jul 6, 2024.

1. Cyborg_

Cyborg_ Homie Staff Member Owner Developer

upload_2024-7-5_21-18-6.png

This update brings the server version up to 1.19, along with some other cool changes, I'll keep these patch notes short and sweet, as you should log on and check these things out for yourself!

upload_2024-7-5_21-19-55.png

Attachments can be added to both weapons, and armor through the Work Bench! You need hardware scraps, to add attachments, and they can be gained from trading items in. Each attachment has a durability, shooting attachments will decrement a weapons attachment durability, and getting damaged will decrement armor attachments! Attachments can be sold on the BM, but must be sold at full durability!

upload_2024-7-5_21-23-3.png

upload_2024-7-5_21-30-13.png
    Med Kits were revamped to have their effects more closely match drugs, and actually be of use in PvP. Because of this, we also decided to add a few nerfs to them. Addiction is the first, each time you take a Med Kit, you have a 5% chance to gain bad effects, and each time you take a Med Kit in the last 30 minutes, increase those chances. The second of those nerfs, is you are now put in combat for the entire duration of your Med Kit, so no logging off!

upload_2024-7-5_21-38-14.png
    Vehicles were made into physical items, meaning you can place them down, and carry them in your inventory. Players who had these items before, will receive a one time monetary refund! Vehicles also have additional fields, such as the ability to configure how much damage the players should take, that the vehicles take!

upload_2024-7-5_21-40-36.png
    Because of the 1.19 changes, we took the opportunity to convert all items from durability, to use Custom Model Data, which allows us to do more with our models, take for example the new scoping animations!

upload_2024-7-5_21-43-15.png

This also means we took the chance to make the resource pack a lot easier to modify! Take for example weapons, which are all named and easy to find!

upload_2024-7-5_21-44-11.png

We also added the ability to chance back to old 2D foods easily, simply go to items, find the food you want to replace, for example COOK_BEEF, then switch whatever food you want, to the custom model data of 0! For example, this is me using 2D food!

upload_2024-7-5_21-45-37.png

upload_2024-7-6_0-53-6.png
    Progression also received a huge change, we decided to make all weapons unlockable by default, and instead, you unlock attachments as you rankup! The goal is for a new player to pickup any weapon, and be able to use it!

upload_2024-7-5_21-46-13.png
    • Fixed a bug that allowed you to shoot 2.5x faster when interacting with an entity
    • Fixed a bug that caused armor in your inventory to bug away, causing you to need to shoot to get it back
    • Fixed an issue where you would be able to buy more items in the bm then you had space for.
    • Kwons and Black Ops are now sellable in the BM
    • Kwons and Black Ops are now sellable in the trashcan
    • Multiple other bug fixes and changes throughout, too many too list here, but I'm sure you'll notice them!
    • Add options in /pref to manage sniper scopes
    • Nerfed M4
    • Nerfed Dumbbell
    • Nerfed Zoom accuracy on Assault Rifles and SMG due to scopes now being available.
    • Added a shooting delay between switching from Wing Suit -> Chest Plate
    Upgrading to 1.19.4 is an important step to being able to continue updating in the future. This will allow us access to more plugins, and overall the ability to do much more! This also means there were some bugs that slipped through the cracks, and I will be working hard to get these fixed ASAP.

As many of you have always played on 1.12.2, here are some useful settings on 1.19.4.
    • Dynamic FOV: To turn off Fov effects, go to Settings > Video Settings and turn down "FOV Effects", for Lunar, this is in the Accessibility Menu
    • Damage Tilt: 1.19.4 added directional damage tilt, which can be annoying, either switch to 1.19.3, or go to Settings > Accessibility and turn down "Damage Tilt"

Last edited: Jul 6, 2024
  2. MostlyOp

MostlyOp Hobo

I have found 1.20+ to be the best for performance. Running Lunar client 1.20.5 Iris is a great option. I recommend MC versions newer than 1.18 as they should all after 1.18 be running JDK 17.