1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch 1.3.4 - Gary the Anticheat, AntiVPN, & more

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by SkylixMC, Oct 3, 2019.

1. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    [​IMG]
    That's right fellas! We are happy to announce the official launch for our new anticheat, Gary. Yes, Gary is an intelligent and powerful anticheat that we have been testing for some months now. We believe Gary is now ready to be announced to the world!

Featuring
    many useful detection tools to help staff members catch cheaters like never before, Gary is a multipurpose tool that can not only detect when a player cheats but also directly detect some Hacked clients and other cheats! So let us show you the power of Gary, the mighty Anticheat ;)!

Hack-Detection & Blocks
    Although Gary's complete detection ranges will be kept private by the senior team to players to prevent players from attempting bypassing, Gary is actually able to detect a very large variety of hacks ranging from blatant fly hacks to silent Kill Auras. When Gary detects a player cheating, Gary will alert all online staff members across the network who could then respond to Gary's report immediately. So it does not matter where a hacker hacks, Gary will report the hacker to a staff member on any server who can then investigate the matter!

[​IMG]

(Yes, Gary can generally account for ping lag and server lag, reducing false positives :p)

Besides reporting hackers himself, Gary is also able to block certain hacks and exploits from happening altogether. Once again, although we will not be sharing a complete list of Gary's detection and blocking capacities, Gary does block and detect a variety of hacks including a hack called ghost-hand.

Client-Detection
    On top of being able to detect illegal actions by players, Gary can actually DIRECTLY detect MANY clients even before a player hacks. You see, Hacked Clients modify your clients often in a very detectable way. And Gary has figured out how to detect a lot of those modifications very accurately (including some ghost clients)! As a matter of fact, Gary can actually catch a hacker even if he just logs in with a hacked client! Yes, Gary is that good!
    (Note: You will NOT be instantly banned for trying to log in with a hacked client. Usually, you would be given a fair chance to remove your client and relog in case you accidentally logged in with a Hacked Client. With that said, this "chance" is not a right. It's a favor.)

But it's not just Hacked Clients that Gary can detect... Gary actually detects AND
    blocks a number of illegal mods and clients including LabyMod, EMC, several types of Health Indicators, minimaps, and much more! When Gary detects someone using a minor illegal modification like these, Gary will ban the player for 2 minutes, giving them a chance to remove those illegal modifications with a message that looks something like this:
    [​IMG]

On that note, we highly suggest that all players review the list of approved and unapproved modifications to avoid being punished for a rule they didn't know at https://grandtheftmc.net/mods. But in short, GTM does not allow any sort of health indicators, minimaps, modded mouse (like double click mouse), auto clickers, Hacked Clients (duh), and in general, any modifications that give another player an advantage in PvP.

With that said, the end conclusion for all those hackers and cheaters out there:
    Stop hacking or Gary will get you in your sleep
    ! REEEEEEE...
    (No seriously, if you cheat... then STOP CHEATING. Gary is getting smarter and better every day, and if he hasn't already, he will catch you, and send you to where you deserve to be... the bans.yml file...)

AntiVPN

According to the data collected by the senior team, a little over 1% of all players who joined, GTM played on VPNs. Out of that 1%, we found that almost 2 in 3 of those VPN users were recently caught cheating/hacking on GTM. Clearly, we found there was a strong correlation between VPN users, cheaters, and ban evaders.

With this in mind,
    Gary has officially blocked all VPNs and proxies from GTM. Gary's powerful AntiVPN blocks almost all VPNs (and Proxies) across the internet from both paid and free VPN services alike!

When Gary detects a player trying to connect to GTM over a VPN, Gary refuses them connection to the server, and temporarily bans the player for 1 minute, giving then a chance to disconnect their VPN.
    [​IMG]

With a powerful AntiVPN like that,
    Gary can easily block hackers, ban-evaders, and even bots! In fact, about 2 weeks ago, we got to test Gary's AntiVPN live when botters attacked GTM with over 300 bots! After a few adjustments, Gary blocked every single one of those bots from joining GTM immediatly ending the raid! I don't know about you all, but we surely enjoyed the scene of that failed bot attack as notifications from Gary flood our screens alerting us of the raid :cool:...

(The above video demonstrates Gary's exceptional detection abilities even against the "best" of VPNs!)

Global Reports
    As of now, /reports have been made global. This means when you /report a player, staff members will receive an alert across the network no matter what server they are on. If you suspect anyone of breaking our rules, USE /REPORT, and no matter which server a staff member is on, they will receive your report!

[​IMG]

Reports will now also be saved in a GUI where staff can handle them. So
    if a report is made while staff members are offline, staff will still be able to access the reports in this GUI as soon as they get online!

[​IMG]

With these new changes to the reporting system,
    /report is even more useful then it was before! /report is a POWERFUL tool for all players, and if you weren't using /report to report all cheaters, make sure you do so now. After all, haqusating players in chat helps no one! If you see a hacker, /report them! Don't spam chat and call them out on it!

(On that note, haqusating players is actually no longer allowed. Find out more below!)

Rule Changes

With the changes mentioned above, we have made some important changes to our rules, guidelines, and internal workings as listed below:

+ Added a section on VPN Usage to our server rules.
    + Make Drag Clicking (or Mouse Abuse) punishable and added a section on that to our server rules.
    + Added rules against lying to a staff member (especially for creating false reports against staff or players) to our server rules, forums rules, and discord rules.
    + Added rules against Haqusation to our server rules.
    + Staff members are no longer allowed to share the proof for bans with players.
    + All ban appeals where a player claims they were "falsely banned" must be approved by an Admin+ just in case. Although false bans are already pretty rare, we hope this second layer of review would further help reduce any false bans!
    + Purchase Unbans will no longer be "automatically accepted". We will only be granting purchase unban to players who show hope of not cheating again.

Phew... That's all. Thank you to everyone who persevered through this giant announcement. As a gift, here is
    20% discount store coupon! Just enter this coupon code on purchase to apply the discount <3. As always, thanks for supporting GTM!

Luv4Gary
    This code is only valid until Monday, October 7, 2019 at 12:00 AM EST so hurry!

~FAQs~

Does Gary have auto-bans for hacking?
    No, currently, Gary will not auto-ban players for hacking. At this time, Gary will only notify staff members of his suspicions. However, if things continue to go smoothly, we hope to introduce auto-bans for Gary very soon! Stay tuned :)!

Why are staff no longer allowed to share proof for bans?
    With Patch 1.3.4 (this update), a lot of proof concerning player bans will involve Gary. Proof obtained from Gary is strictly limited to staff members as it would likely contain confidential information about Gary the anticheat that could potentially be used by rule breakers for exploits. Moreover, understanding proof obtained from Gary requires special training that is only limited to staff members.

I need to use a VPN for xyz! Help!
    The VPN block is mainly intended to prevent malicious players from joining GTM. If you require a VPN for a legitimate purpose, we may consider whitelisting your account on Gary's AntiVPN. For this to happen, you must be able to prove that you genuinely need to use a VPN. Please open a ticket at https://grandtheftmc.net/appeal under the "Punishment Appeals" department for more help.

I have a suggestion or a question!
    Ooo! We are excited to hear it! Simply leave any comments, questions, suggestions or feedback below as a reply to this forums thread :)

Wow! This update is AWESOME! How can I thank you, guys?
    Just keep doing what you always do by being awesome and continuing to play on GTM. Help us grow by telling your friends about GTM. Sharing and following GTM on social media. Thank us by giving feedback below!
    After that, consider donating to us at store.grandtheftmc.net. This update took
    a lot of commitment to be made possible and we would greatly appreciate your support!

(Psst.. There MIGHT be a 20% discount code a little further up...)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Darkrai

Darkrai Mugger

Nice update, hope Gary kicks some serious ass

• Like Like x 2
  3. GARY

GARY GTM's Anticheat Staff Member

Thank you all for this chance! I hope to keep you all safe from those nasties!

4. MrTacoMan

MrTacoMan A Taco, that is a Man.

Administrator
    Hold up. I remember SkylixMC saying that Gary does NOT have a forums account. What would you like to say about this @GARY

5. GARY

• Sexy Sexy x 1
  6. Samurii

Samurii Criminal

Very nice update!

#HackersToTheHell

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  7. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

Congrats on the fastest promotion in history brotha! You clearly are special <3

8. iLo

iLo Manager

Nice update. Hope gary fuck the hackers up!

9. Cole

Cole Hobo

I would actually like to see this in real action u can say all this stuff but does it actually work also ADD TOKENS BACK REMOVE VOTESHOP <3

10. GARY

Why do you have any doubts? Go try hacking and see how long you last. I was trained well on detecting cheaters!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Lol, Gary you are too funny xD

12. MrTacoMan

MrTacoMan A Taco, that is a Man.

Administrator
    That's my friend, pretty good person right? Catches hackers and keeps the community safe.

13. M_Blazin

M_Blazin Hobo

I love this already, thank you!

14. Micatchu

Micatchu Mugger

Welcome Gary! Get rid of all those shitheads ruining the game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kittens4050

kittens4050 Gangster

N/A
    @SkylixMC @GARY ok so i dont use a vpn, but I sometimes go to other family's houses and when i play their i different ip would "gary" find that as a vpn. (i dont know how vpn's work & never had one) i mean i know what they do but how they work *

EDIT: What if we get banned by the anti-cheat who will we appeal to

16. Runkelpokk

Runkelpokk Criminal

Skylix said there are no auto bans so if you get banned its always by a staff member.
    If you play with a different ip as usualy an anti vpn wont block you. Most anti-vpn programms use a public data base of vpn ip´s and just block them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. kittens4050

kittens4050 Gangster

N/A
    okaaaaaaaaaaay

18. Cole

Cole Hobo

NO WELL I JUST GOT HOBO HACKED ON BUT HEY TOOK THEM LIKE 15 MINS TO BAN AND LOST SEVERAL AMOUNT OF JPKATS NAH ITS JUST WORKS FINE

19. kittens4050

kittens4050 Gangster

N/A
    LMAO

20. Cole

Cole Hobo

Like i feel like this is how it goes for me
    Staff when i report a possible hacker/glitch abuser: ...
    Staff when i say something bad about server or the server staff: BAN
    Thats how i feel how the server staff treat me so i need to see this anti cheat in action