Is scamming against the rules?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Minecart' started by EntityCrusher, Sep 26, 2017.

1. EntityCrusher

EntityCrusher Hobo

I have seen way to many people (including myself) be scammed by a-holes who want free cash. I have been scammed by a guy named "Nuh_Hacks". Now i just want to know if there is anyway to get your money back/get them banned. I am tired of this scam.

2. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

Scamming which doesn't involve IRL Money is allowed (correct me if i am wrong)

3. EntityCrusher

EntityCrusher Hobo

Dang...imma get myself some free cash

4. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

hf, it's easy tbh but i don't do it cuz morals and stuff xD

5. Grandacity

Grandacity Gangster

In-game scamming (like if no IRL money is involved) is legal while IRL scamming (when a player buys something for another player off of the store with IRL money, and that player doesn't pay them back with in-game items) is not legal, and it will result in a perm ban.

6. K9crusaderz

K9crusaderz Rock n' Roll Outlaw

Scamming is only allowed in in-game deals. (Ex., 100k for a jetpack) Scamming in donor deals (Ex., 2 mil for VIP) is bannable.
    If you say you will buy someone something off the store (such as VIP) and then scam them when they pay you, you can be banned. However, items can only be refunded if both parties agreed to the deal on a forum thread. The opposite applies as well - if you buy someone something off the store nd they don't pay you ingame, they can be banned. Keep in mind that sufficient proof is usually required before anything can be done, and as stated above, in-game items will only be refunded if the deal was done over the forums.

As a related note, all deals involving anything outside of GTM are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: Minecraft accounts, Ranks or purchasable content on other servers, Steam games or related, money in PayPal... You get the picture. I hope this is clear enough - feel free to link others to this thread if they have questions regarding scams. Have a nice day ~K9