1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTM - Guide for newer players

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Xnap, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xnap

Xnap Homie

This will be a fairly short, brief, guide for newer players who always complain in chat about how the server is unfair, its pay to win, money is hard to make, etc:

Firstly, I would like to address that like everyone, I have started from hobo as a no ranker and climbed my way up to gain both rank and reputation. This is the most basic of tactics i used that many newer players still don't seem to understand.
    The most important aspect of this server which I believe to be is pvp, so I will base everything off that. In order to become better a good pvper, you need good weapons. And in order to get better weapons and gear, you need to first, rank up.

Ranking up is fairly simple. For hobo, until you can unlock the gunsenburg sweeper (very good smg), I suggest you try to avoid pvp as much as possible and focus on looting. While ranking up, with the money you make from the loot, also try to invest in city houses or any houses that are located near key locations (many loot chests, alot of pvp, etc).

I also suggest you invest in a bike as it allows for faster transportation, until you have a jetpack.

When pvping, fundamental mechanics such as moving side to side to dodge bullets, prefiring when you see someone around the corner, and utilizing f5 becomes very important. Once you unlock a gunsenburg sweeper, master these mechanics and continue to rank up u til mobster+, in which this guide will no longer serve useful to you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to comment.

• Learnables Learnables x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sexy Sexy x 1
  2. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    Really good tips for beginners.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart