1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on making the GTM server grow

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Sky9667, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

Recently, I noticed that less and less people playing on GTM, there's only about hundreds of player every day. So i'd like to give some suggestions to make GTM Great Again.

1. Make The Game World Bigger
    Since this server is based on GTA, many players would expect the game world will be as large as GTA 5. However, GTM game world is kinna small, it would be great if there's more places for us to explore.

2. Adding More Entertainment
    You can do lots of thing in GTA, such as playing golf, but in GTM, you can only kill other players and get money. Honestly, many player will be bored if they doing the same thing again and again...

3. Lower The Item Price
    Lets be honest, some of the item (Sponsor Rank for example) are ridiculously expensive, most of the player can't afford it even they got 5% off.

4. Let Player buy 'REAL' Non-Premium House
    In real life, house is for people to live and stay, same as GTM, player wish to have a private and comfortable places to stay. But for player who buy Non-Premium House, they need to stay with other invisible player -- MANY PEOPLE SQUASHED IN A SMALL HOUSE! For example, player A bought house 678, but player B can bought the same house even player A had bought it, that means the house has never been sold. Since there's lots of Non-Premium houses, it's better to let player really owned a house (At least show their name on the house menu).

5. Build New Facility and Houses In An Exist Building
    GTM Build Team make lots of new building and houses in Africa, but I found that there's lot of wasted building in GTM4, in 41-Avenue, Many mansion is empty, why Build Team kept building new building rather than making more houses or something else in existing buildings?
    Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 8.40.19 PM.jpg
    For example, there's 7 floors in this building, but 4 floors is empty

6. Advertising
    Although GTM already exist a long time, there's only few Minecraft player know this server, and advertising is the best way to make GTM famous.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  2. Darkrai

Darkrai Mugger

1. I think there should be more sales on the store.

2. More things to buy off the store.

3. More events weekly. For example last Sunday there was a PvP event which was quite popular and enjoyable! Improves the community!

4. And I don't think the map should be made bigger as people don't even go to half of the map as frequently as people go to the main city of the map. For example the lack of people PvPing in Africa or the Military Base or Mindiana. Hope to see the builders focus on improving the current map which is what they are currently doing!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Sexy Sexy x 1
  3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Gtm needs a lot of change but only having one developer makes that really hard.

1. The map does not need to be bigger, but old buildings need to be taken out and new ones need to replace them.

For example the tellest building in gtm... the big ugly white thing that looks loke a penis from a distance.

2. The housing system is fine, we just need newer prettier houses to replace the old ones that look like they were made by a 7 year old. Even most of the really expensive premium houses are poop.

3. You have to keep rank's expensive however i do think we need more sales, small ones. We also need more things on the buycraft (especially things like crowbars and permits, or candy canes... you know things that arent transferable and/or dissapear)

We need better advertising!!!
    (You can vote for the server)

Some other minor and/or major things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    I see where your suggestion is coming from, but unlike the real GTA, GTM doesn't have as many players to spread out through the world. The size of the map should really depend on the number of players. You want to find the right balance where players are not constantly stuck in PvP, but if they want to PvP, they can find someone to fight with relative ease. We do constantly update the map though so you don't get bored of the same old stuff!

This point is, more or less valid (in my opinion). Killing is fun, but I see how players would enjoy a few other things here and there. Let us know that exactly you would like to see!

We don't expect everyone to buy a 100$ rank in one go. That is why we have rank upgrades. GTM is a relatively large server, and requires the generous donations of our supporters to maintain itself.

Multiple people can own the same houses, and that is really the most space-efficient way to house hundreds to thousands of players. For players who would like there own private space, we do have Premium houses.

Thank you for this suggestion. Let me know if you have any other places in mind. <3

Hm. We try our best to advertize where ever possible. The best way to advertize GTM is for our players to vote. But then there are other ways such as youtubers, which tend to be too expensive! If you have any specific ideas let us know!

Also, I just wanted to comment that I hope you don't mind me shooting down some of your suggestions. I really appreciate all your suggestions and the fact you put the time to give them to us, but some of those are not practical at the moment. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

Honestly, I don't think there's not enough houses for all the GTM players because I found that there's nearly thousand of Non-Premium house. If many players buying the same house, other houses will be useless, that's why I'm making this point.

6. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

@SkylixMC My idea on advertising is to put ad on Google, they will put ad everywhere so people can easily see it. For instance, you can find bunch of ad on mobile app, some website, and most of them are placed by Google.
    https://ads.google.com/intl/en_us/start/#?modal_active=none

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  7. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Putting an ad on google isn't really realistic, for one it would only get to people playing GTA and Minecraft who are probably alreadt content with what there playing.

Also that adds up to a TON of players which would end up costing the server more money then it's probably worth.

As skylix said thank you for taking time to make suggestions, but many of them just arent practical.

8. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

If there's more people playing GTM, it'll increase the chance for GTM staff to earn more money because there will be more ppl buying stuff on the store, MORE PLAYER=MORE MONEY
    And the best is, they can open GTM 2, 3, 5, 6 again!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  9. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

Since Google is the World's biggest search engine, they can found people who plays Minecraft readily (Big Data), Google shows GTM ad to people who play Minecraft which will increase the amount of GTM players.

10. JJrocks2001

JJrocks2001 I am SuperMan

Thank you for telling us about the buildings. I am glad you are pointing them out but I already knew about them and are putting more houses in them in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Re-opening gtm 2,3,5, and 6 wont help gtm, it'll just divide the community and will cost the server in the long run.

Also putting an ad on google for a minecraft server rated M wont help anything, the specifications are to strict and only a tiny percent of the people who see it will have intrest.

The best way to advertise is players making videos that cost no money from the server and gain an audience (Clickbait)

Googles related ad's work the same way as youtubes reccomended section... there both owned by google.

Therefore free youtube advertisement is the best for the server.

This is why i heavily support people making gtm opening's and montages, espeacially if they already have an audience.

Remember Iwolf_ , when he came arount we babied the fuck out of him, even though he only had a few hundred subs. Thats because we NEED people like him and the OG players know that.

12. Sky9667

Sky9667 Hobo

Anyway, it's their choice whether they put Ad or not...
    Oh, by the way, you said advertising on Google will add lots of player, but you also said 'it won't help anything', what are you trying to say?
    (Sorry for saying this, cuz i really confused about it...)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  13. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I meant minecraft and gta players, not players on gtm, im sorry for the confusion.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    @xoxo_sky_xoxo WTF is your problem, if you want to talk we can start a conversation.

• Dislike Dislike x 2