1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why changing chat rules is needed for GTM

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by _Flaming_Phoenix, Jun 19, 2019.

?

Is option four truly a good choice

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Kinda

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. _Flaming_Phoenix

_Flaming_Phoenix Helper

I exist
    So with the debate over swearing, slurs, sexual comments etc. I've been happy for this to happen. I took up the movement to change the rules and make GTM a generally better server. So let's give some reasoning because no one wants me to sit here and lecture you without real content. First I want to say that these are my views and don't mean this is the staff teams approach. Let's get into this!

1. GTM is way to toxic
    A:people are swearing up and down the walls and I don't think this should be ok. Option 4 is in the lead but 1 and 2 still are huge. While it might not affect you as much, but people leave because we have so many toxic people. I see people saying that "The 1st Amendment ensures this!" Well yes, but actually no child. GTM is based in Belgium (Pretty sure at least xD) and isn't affected by the 1st amendment even though it doesn't apply to private companies.
    S: GTM chill out, you can live without saying the n word every 5 seconds :)

1.Will grow the server and get Youtubers
    A:See Youtubers don't really want a bunch of swearing in slurs in their videos because ya know, demonitizing... so I believe that it would significantly increase the GTM player base if we controlled the language.
    Thanks for reading and please discuss below not just what you had for breakfast

• Litty Litty x 2
  2. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    Someone give this man's a medal.

But there are one or two problems.

Alot of people play GTM for the fact that you can swear. They like the freedom. Take that away and you don't have much else distinguishing GTM from other GTA based servers except for it's unparalleled gameplay. Granted, removing swearing would allow numerous new players to join, alongside some YouTubers, but with a side problem. Drugs would still be a part of the server, and there's no removing that. Now a YouTuber might not care about that, but the player/the players parents probably would. And that blocks alot of players

There's also the point you could argue where if some YouTuber were to advertise GTM it would attract the occasional players who can/want to play that. But not enough of them to warrant a change in the chat filter considering they're coming there for toxicity in the first place.

I guess a rule change to moderate swearing would be in order, where racial slurs are blocked.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cool_soc

cool_soc Hobo

Yea the youtuber side of things is just a wasteland tbh. And there should be warning for children of adult content and shit so they should add that. And I am ok with the toxicity most of the time. And yes if they had a chat filter for swears and shit if would bring a larger audience to gtm. But the adult content likes the drugs or the dildo item would make a sort of burst of player count for gtm but not a big burst of players. And A youtuber I like called 'I Go By Lots Of Names' {https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvwFAruyd5WGqi9qUoB91_g} If they could do gtm videos. Since they do small documentaries of hypixel skyblock. So yea. But igblon could nearly avoid a strike or the video getting taken down.