1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of the staff?

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by SkylixMC, Dec 23, 2017.

1. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    The staff team. The people who basically run the server. We regulate the server rules and make sure everyone is having fun by muting the advertisers, banning the hackers, kicking the abusers, and helping everyone out.

We do our best to preform the above tasks. But as you can guess nothing is perfect. It is a fact that we may have made mistakes there, or missed something here. But over telling everyone, that we do our job, this post is here to listen to the feedback.

So tell us. Tell us how we are doing. Tell us not just the good but also the bad stories. Give us constructive criticism, or a pat on the back for what we do good. Tell us how we can improve. So, What do you think of the staff?

*** This post is not to complain about a ban or a mute. You can give feedback to what to not do. But DO NOT mention specific staff names who you think didn't do there job. Please do not disrespect staff members. Remember the difference between constructive criticism and straight disrespect. Any post who do not follow this will be deleted.

Once I didn't know how to use my gun. I used /help and not one, or two, but three staff members responded! You guys have a very good support team!

I know a friend who reported a player. The report never got a response. I think you guys need to check you reports more.

I think you guys do a very good job at keeping the hackers out of the way. You have a very friendly staff. But I think we could improve by having the staff team focus more on the questions.

• Like Like x 4
    • Sexy Sexy x 1
  2. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

First off, I think it's great that you're making this thread. It's nice to see a staff member reach out to the community for feedback on the team, and I hope this will initiate constructive and helpful dialogue. I'm very happy you made this thread!

I can make a long list of what I like about the staff team, but I won't do that. I'll focus more on what I feel needs to be improved, but just know that for every criticism, there are at least 4x more positives.

- A little bit of hypocrisy. Quite often, staff will spam. I get it. You all are being bugged 24/7 with msgs, /helps, hacker alerts, etc.. You guys need some fun time as well. But when a player spams (not always as there are a lot of times staff let others "spam"), a staff will warn the player. And usually that same staff will spam a little bit later. You guys are the ones who enforce the rules, and when we're told not to spam but some staff go right ahead and do it, it takes away a little legitimacy. Now, my criticism is not the actual spam part. I'd love to spam sometimes, as I know the staff do as well. All that I'm saying is that it's just a little weird when we're warned to watch our message amount and to see some staff spam like it's no tomorrow. This isn't something that needs to change, but it's just something I have in my mind.

- When we /report a player, it would be nice to know if the player we report is being watched. I /report many players, and then I see them hacking. I know the staff are most likely trying to get a video of it, or they're attending to someone else, but it would be nice if we could get an /msg saying "I'm going to look at this player right now" or "I'll look at him right after I get done helping [this] player." I know you all can't do that for EVERY SINGLE person who gets reported. That would be absurd of me to ask. But even just an /msg saying "Looking into it" would help because I feel like I get ignored quite a bit.

- With /help, most of the staff are doing a great job. However, I'll do /help (message) and get no answer while I see some staff just having fun and talking in chat. I don't use /help for no reason. I know you all get a lot of /help requests, and I try to be considerate and minimize the amount of /help I use. That being said, it's honestly a slap in the face when I have a very legitimate question and I see some staff just chatting away about stuff that has no relevance to their job. I'll see them make jokes, talk with other staff members, and I'm just waiting there for a question to be answered. However, the majority of my /help requests go answered, and very fast, and to those staff who see it and answer it (like you @SkylixMC, for example), thank you very much! I know you must get too many /help requests to know what to do with, so I know it can be easily missed.

Those are my major concerns. I can make a post 10x as long as what I wrote above about all the positives. But I thought I should write about what I feel needs improving than writing about what is already great and needs no fixing. I can't speak for all members of the server, but at least from me, I thank every staff who voluntarily puts their time in and helps the server to be a better place. I appreciate and respect what you all do for the server, so thank you very much! And thank you @SkylixMC for opening up this dialogue. I hope it will make an impact.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. SkylixMC

Lixing Minecraft
    Thanks for your feedback :).

4. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Thank you for your feedback in a respectful manner, feedback like this really goes a long way. I will make sure that spam from staff starts getting enforced. We have also been working on getting the staff to start answering questions more. As for the hacker thing usually the staff is more focused on the hacker rather than the person who reported them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

I hate em all.

xd

6. zCai

zCai Homie Supreme

Sitting
    I hated zCai he’s like a little asian boy who is vedy much cheap. He never helps me suck my dick, he need very much demote

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    *** This post is not to complain about a ban or a mute. You can give feedback to what to not do. But DO NOT mention specific staff names who you think didn't do there job. Please do not disrespect staff members. Remember the difference between constructive criticism and straight disrespect. Any post who do not follow this will be deleted.

Well wun tyme eye gaht mooted 4 1 sec and i wuz soo mad

jk jk the staff does a great job

8. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Take this seriously please

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sparkyy

Sparkyy Hobo

The staff does a good job in general, but most lack the time to explain things in depth with newer players which leads to quite a bit of frustration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Akarush

Akarush Hunter

Staff is awesome but I wish staff were more widespread on different GTM servers instead of only staying on GTM 1 or GTM 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SkylixMC

Lixing Minecraft
    Thanks for that feedback. But the logic behind that is that most new players and hackers tend to be on GTM1 since it tends to have the largest player population. But we are working to select more staff members from other GTMs.

Thanks for that feedback. I do agree that staff shouldn't just answer the question, but answer with detail.

12. zCai

zCai Homie Supreme

Sitting
    You rarely type. *cough macros cough*

13. SkylixMC

Lixing Minecraft
    Actually, this is the reason I use macros. There is no way that with so many questions coming in, one can keep up with them and still answer in detail. But lets not get offtopic.

Everyone keep all the great feedback coming in :) !

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigmario06

bigmario06 Criminal

thank all of you for your feedback good or bad

15. Zuclas

Zuclas Hunter

attempting to pound pussy
    Be specific on explaining shit to players. You got me all dazzled and confused by your poorly fast written response. Better yet, I suggest that the staffs should have a format so staffs can copy and paste those descriptive explanations of a topic such as a police station for example.
    SkylixMC, you are very smart! But you should have probably suggested to one of the Managers to create a document such as this I am requesting. Don't let the other staff members suffer typing out very long sentences just to answer a 5-6 worded question. :D

Also if you're gonna /gmsg "wait", don't respond to me at all. Let the other staff members solve my dilemma if you're gonna talk to other players who are in no need of help.

Edit: Alright If I literally say I've made a ticket about a hacker and tell you to come on and ban the hacker since we're fighting him keeping him in ct. For the love of FUCKING god come on and ban him if a ticket has been made. You're letting the fucking hacker roam free ruining experiences for other people.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  16. SkylixMC

Lixing Minecraft
    We want the people to love the staff team. Therefore, we want your feedback. So far we are loving all the constructive criticism so keep it up!

17. ItsAaronPlays

ItsAaronPlays Homie

I believe staff tend to answer questions as soon as possible, there is also a point in time where staff could be busy and in time they do respond and get back to you. I also like the idea that staff are looking forward to spreading out and helping out in other servers. It is also true that most new players and hackers tend to join on GTM 1 and staff are there to help. At the same time all the hackers worried about getting banned tend to join around the last servers, for example gtm 6 where staff try to get around and most of the times do but are late due to the toggling.
    Other then that great work ethic and help from the staff.

18. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    nice to see staff actually care about what other people think.
    to me the staff team is mostlikely doing a good job, they are reacting /help active! nice to see!
    what i think could be better:
    - reacting on /report (becouse they mostlikely just skip it).
    - staff needs to slow down a bit on their chatting.. they mostlikely spam..
    hope you guys can do anything with this..

19. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Hi there,
    Players can do /how list to list some of the basic topics, generally when a player asks me about one of these topics, I refer them to the /how page. After a user has completed the tutorial and used /how to lookup topics they want to learn about, they have enough information to start playing confidently.

I will probably suggest to the devs to make how to use /how part of the tutorial, so newer players know how to get extra information if they are interested.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Hi there,
    Currently our anticheat (Watchdawg) is currently in it's earliest stages, we generally respond to /reports on the server we are currently on, however we don't get a global notification for it, therefore I recommend to use /help if no staff are on your server.

Senior staff aware that some staff are hypocritical, and it was mentioned and addressed a few posts above.