1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update to rules

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Ashhhh, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ashhhh

Ashhhh Hobo

Student
    I believe that a change to the rules should be made. To me, harassment is never okay, in any shape or form. That is my belief and I will take it to my grave. Allowing a player to harass another is simply not okay, mainly due to the facts it can cause depression, social anxiety, and PTSD. I know this is going to sound like some research paper, but I'm just trying to explain why harassment shouldn't simply be solved with "/ignore". Where I'm from, harassment was never tolerated. More action needs to be taken against harassment rather than staff saying "good luck" and leaving. With my report being brushed off, it frustrates me that more action was not taken. Without disciplinary actions, players will continue to harass others, because harassment is under "freedom of speech" as a staff member stated. Though there is Freedom of Speech, and the server itself cannot limit everything, harassment should be prevented. I know it can be, seeing that other servers have non-harassment rules. Harassment should be eliminated from the server, so it can be a more enjoyable place for everyone. It's not a problem that simply disappears. Yes, you can cover it up, and brush it away, but it builds up and becomes a long-term problem. Thank you for reading, -Ash

2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Im on your side... sorta.

I agree that chat is accesively toxic and it needs to stop, but what you need to understand is that this is an M rated server meant for adults. While foul language, name calling... may be seen as bad in your eyes it may not be the same for others.

I agree and fully support the banning of racial slurs however that is the extent. GTM moving to a completely restricted chat would be a bad move because many of the current players would leave. Players like freedom.

This is the internet and whatever you do, however responsible... you're going to run into messed up people who find it fun to make others feel bad. So in all fairness being told "get used to it" is the best response you can get.

You can find ANYTHING on the internet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    If you believe you are being "harrassed," which I believe as you know is not a word that is to be taken lightly, please please contact me on discord: SkylixMC#3132. Include screenshots or minecraft chat logs as proof.

For clearification, if someone tells you "fuck you" or "you are bad" or other unintelligent insults commonly used by the lovely community of the internet, that is not harrassement. If you do believe that you are a victim of TRUE harrasement, I will be willing to consider and take action on your report.

• Agree Agree x 2