1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This server needs to overhaul its guns

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by dragonking3002, Jan 5, 2018.

?

What do you think of my suggestions?

1. Suggestion A.1: I agree, miniguns need to be removed from the game

66.7%
  2. Suggestion A:.1: Miniguns should stay in the game(state reasons in the comments please)

66.7%
  3. Suggestion A.2: I agree, katanas should be removed from the game

66.7%
  4. Suggestion A.2: I disagree, katanas should stay(state reasons in the comments please)

66.7%
  5. Suggestion B: I agree with these weapon changes

66.7%
  6. Suggestion: B: the pistols need tweaks / bad idea

33.3%
  7. Suggestion B: the shotguns need tweaks / bad idea

33.3%
  8. Suggestion B: the sniper rifles need tweaks / bad idea

33.3%
  9. suggestion B: the assault rifles need tweaks / bad idea

33.3%
  10. I have thoughts that don't fit with any of the answer choices(state in comments below)

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

go to https://grandtheftmc.net/threads/miniguns-need-to-be-nerfed-and-heres-how-they-could-be.4853/ for my new and improved suggestion based on your input

This server is increadibly fun to play on and I play here quite often but the guns have game ruining balance problems. I might not be able to completely be able to fix the mechanics for these guns but here are my suggestions

A. Main suggestions I think NEED to be considered

1. remove the mini-gun. This gun takes all of the best features of all of the guns and combines them into a experience destroying monstrosity of a pay to win gun. It takes the sniper rifles's range and accuracy so you can't run even when you're far away. It takes the gunsenburg's firerate/dps and knockback so as soon as you're tagged by it you can't dodge or run away because you're being comboed to death and to put the cherry on the cake, it has no charge up or and a massive magazine so all of the all ready broken features of the gun condense into what is essentially a insta-killing laser cannon.

tl;dr : the mini-gun has no place in the game and throws all balance and weapon variety in the trash because it is the best of every gun.

2. remove the katana. This needs to be removed for the simple reason that when combined with the jetpack you are 2 shotted WHILE FULLY GEARED + its near impossible to shoot a jetpacker down because of they have creative mode flying speed and dodging capability

B. Suggestion that would be great if they were implemented but aren't necessary at the moment.

1. Have guns cater to their own play styles.

Now this would be hard to implement but would make gameplay ALOT more varied and would allow for more skilled/fun gameplay PLUS the server could even foster a competitive community!

Pistols: When these are duel wielded you can alternate fire between both pistols and when you press q, or what ever button would work best, you are thrusted in the direction that you are moving slightly. This would allow evasive maneuvers and would cater to more mobile play-styles

Shotguns: In the game at the moment, if you shoot the shotgun and jump, you are thrust-ed backwards and this allows for evasive maneuvers. I would like to expand on this idea. When you duel wield shotguns, you can do this but more while alternating between both shotguns. This + increasing their damage would allow the shotguns to become weapons that spawn a new mindgame with each duel as you try to predict your opponents evasive maneuvers so you can land a shot close to them

Sniper rifles: These would only need a minor tweak. This being damage increasing based on far the bullet travelled. This would be good for people who like to stay in the back of a fight and pick people off one by one. It would also be great because teams can't take over the city streets with pure numbers and they have to stick to cover.

automatic rifles: These work fine. These would keep their role as consistent, easy to use dps. They would just need minor tweaks to dps so they don't out damage other weapons.

misc weapons/projectiles: explosives like the sticky bomb and homing rocket launcher would need a minor dps nerf to not make the shotguns too risky to use.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

I will just touch on your main points.
    I have to disagree with this. The Gusenberg, for example, has better stats in every category except 1 which is accuracy, and it's just one "level" down from the mini. Yes, the mini does hold a lot more ammo, I know. However, a big reason I stayed on this server to get to Godfather was that I wanted the mini. And now it's VERY fun to use. And I get killed all the time with max armor/mini. It's not like people who use minis can't be killed. We can be killed VERY EASILY.
    I will also have to disagree with this. I have a bias towards minis, but I have no bias towards katanas because I don't use them. I get Katana'd all the time. But that's just how the game it. It is a fair weapon, and it is a great weapon. It costs a lot of in-game money since they are rare(ish). However, it is not OP. If you shoot at someone with a katana, they'll most likely run away because they don't want to lose it. That's an item you just can't lose. So even if you have something like a MicroSMG, if you get a few shots to land on someone, they most likely will turn the other way. The Katana is a staple of the game, and I know they won't remove it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    A1. Possibly nerfed but not removed
    A2. No, they are extremely expensive for a reason

• Like Like x 1
  4. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

A1. What about adding a chargeup/spin up befor they can fire and a range nerf to them? They act like snipers and you still get destroyed even if you ambush them with a gunsen
    A2. Personally, I wish jetpacks(including katanas) were flat out removed as they cause severe balancing problems/being pay to win-ish but the only way to make up for the lost game-play feature that I can think of is something like suggestion B. Sure they can be fun but they aren't fun for everyone who isn't decked out with gear to deal with them

• Like Like x 1
  5. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    All you really need to beat a JP is a high powered gun and good timing.

6. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    Hello,

I agree that miniguns are too OP, but removing them is not a good option. Nerfing the miniguns is a much better idea, less range and less mobility could be a option.

I don't agree with removing the Katana, a Katana is a melee weapon. You can easily kill someone with a Katana if you keep distance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. NoHaxJustSpark

NoHaxJustSpark Mugger

Student
    High powered weapon? I think you mean endless magazine full of laser shooting black hole creating meme rebirthing weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

I think http://gmod.wikia.com/wiki/Remover_Tool would be a good analogy for the minigun, at least against unarmored players