1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Pay-To-Win Fix

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by afchlam, Jul 15, 2018.

1. afchlam

afchlam Hobo

Pro Minecrafter
    Grand Theft Minecart is very Pay-To-Win. Any new player can instantly buy Supreme and win against everyone who has worked hard to get to where they are now. I understand this supports the server, but it doesn't become any better for the players.

To fix this, this is my first suggestion: Make the rank-up system experienced based. You can kill people to get experience, every loot chest you open gives you experience, and daily/monthly rewards can give you experience. Buying weapons, clothing, ammo, food, etc. will give you experience. If you are a criminal, killing a cop will give you bonus experience. If you are wanted, killing hit men will give you bonus experience. If you are a cop/hit man, killing/arresting a criminal will give bonus experience. $10 in money is equal to 1 experience. Instead of ranking up, you can choose to cash out your experience.

This is my second suggestion: Have the in-game ranks unlock more guns. This way, even if someone buys Supreme, you can still use the same weapons as a mobster, or maybe even a pimp.

• Like Like x 2
  2. _Flaming_Phoenix

_Flaming_Phoenix Helper

I exist
    So each experience is $10? that defeats paying, ALL Minecraft server MUST give good reasons to donate otherwise they die

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    So 1 experience can be traded for $10 ingame.

I like this, with some revising i think this would be really cool.

On the other hand i dont think gtm is very p2w, yes some people do it but it really just helps the server and doesn't have a huge effect on the playerbase.

Im very proud of you, you made one of the only suggestions i actually like and you made the first one in months... Good Job!!!!!

4. afchlam

afchlam Hobo

Pro Minecrafter
    There is still good enough reason to donate: for the kits and the money. This is just the rank-up system, there are plenty of other ways you need money, such as buying gear, vehicles, houses, etc. And I didn't suggest anything about GTM not adding any other store items, possibly a subscription item.

5. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    In my opinion GTM isn't that much of a pay to win server, You can become a very rich player eventhough you don't have a rank. I've seen multiple non-ranked players getting an amazing amount of money and power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. adsfghjkl12

adsfghjkl12 Senior Moderator

I agree with this. I haven't paid any money and I have supreme rank (Even before I was staff), 210 permits total, and I am a free to play player.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  7. DaddyBright

DaddyBright Thug

GTM is not a pay to win server in my opinion. Yes, donating the server does give alot of perks. But no, the server is not pay to win. There are alot of people out here hvaing the highest rank and having alot of permits or whatever without spending any dollar on the whole server.

And i do agree that its hard for the new players. Most of the times they get instantly killed by a jper. But we are focussig on gun balancing, that will make it easier for hobos. And alot more, so, GTM is not pay to win. Its just a bit difficult to start out. But as i said, we are focussing on that.

8. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I completely agree with all the mods, i still like this idea though.