1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff recognising hacks

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Owendog77, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Earlier today a supreme was perm banned for what staff said to be tracers. After some thought i wondered how staff can tell when a player is using tracers or fastplace

In some circumstances it is obvious like when you die to a minigunner before you can even fire 5 shots.

However in others it can be hard to tell.

The player banned today was recognisable because when staff spectated him it appeared on his tracers. The player proceeded to call out the staff member in chat for spectating.

The reason i know staff was spectating is because when you die you can see other dead players, including spectating staff.

Bassicly i want to know how a staff member makes the decision of when a player is cheating or not.

With fastplace there are autoclickers that you can set to click at 8 or 9 cps (you can easily make your own!) The problem is that some players can click at 10 to 13 cps when they really try.

I also think we should make drag clicking bannable, it allows players to get up to 100 cps for a short ammount of time and is extremely overpowered. Cheaters can use this as an excuse for fastplace.

If you want to know more about dragclicking you can find a video on youtube.

What if we set a cap on how many bullets per second the minigun can shoot, but buffed damage or acuracy just a little, this would make it extremely hard to get false banned for fastplace just because... well...
    (Fastplace no longer works!)

Just an idea, gn, gl, gf

~Owendog77

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Zuclas

Zuclas Hunter

attempting to pound pussy
    They always have staff members to check if a player is hacking or not, it is just not one staff that reviews it and decides if the player should be punished or not.

And yes, _Pythor for sure was using tracers as there are around 2-3 videos of him using it.

Edit replying to Owen: I know.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I have no objection to the ban, i proved to myself that pythor was using tracers

4. ItsAaronPlays

ItsAaronPlays Homie

It all comes down to solid proof, staff dont take action until they have solid proof of what they are dealing with. So unless they see clear hacks, they tend to spectate the player until they are satisified with the results, meaning they find them clean for now or getting evidence.

Mods and Helpop's always record, so in the video they can discuss about it and get more opinions. Sr-Mods dont need video evidence to back themselves up, They are there for a reason ( Sr-Mod Rank) and they know the difference between hacks and legitness.

This all comes down to the point that, even if a player was not hacking and he was clean. He got banned by a staff, you can ALWAYS make a support ticket, backing ur self up with proof.

5. Xnap

Xnap Homie

Like ItsAaronPlays said, we don't make decisions on impulse. Rather, we spectate and record until we can gather some pretty obvious signs of them hacking. Even if they seem very suspicious, we will not ban til we are 100% sure. In addition, most people we spectate have usually at that point, been reported multiple times. This makes it easier for us to separate the hackers from genuine players. Also, take note that any staff who bans falsely or abuses his/her powers will face punishment and that you could always make an appeal, so don't worry too much about getting banned unfairly. You will certainly get your spot back in the server if that was the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    But what about autoclickers? It all looks the same

7. Akarush

Akarush Hunter

Usually when a Staff Member suspects someone of auto clicker and records and they aren't 100% sure we will usually ask other Staff Members for their opinions then we will make a decision. With auto clicker for jetpackers sometimes players heads just spin randomly which is a sign also the distance from which the player is attacking and how many hits they are getting in. For people with guns using auto clicker they will be shooting faster and will usually head spin if someone comes in close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ItsAaronPlays

ItsAaronPlays Homie

Yep as they both clearly stated, it gets obvious and when a staff member isn't sure, it's easy to ask for help from fellow staff members.

Great Answers!

9. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    We’re already planning on setting a cap on all guns output, we can catch tracers EASILY if we go in and out of gm3 fast behind someone’s back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. NoHaxJustSpark

NoHaxJustSpark Mugger

Student
    I cannot even begin to stress this. Let's go point by point.
    To begin with (for my own safety) I have nothing against any staff, just their methods sometimes. I have seen a fastplacer with an autoclicker setting that got 12 CPS. I was PVPing said person while a staff was spectating. Said person starts shooting me, and I shoot back, his autoclicker sends him off at ~12 cps, but I can butterfly at ~18 cps, so in the fight, I was able to kill said person when he started shooting me first, so I almost got banned for fastplace.
    I disagree with the last part. A cap on BPS for the minigun would ruin any tactical advantages, and buffing either damage or accuracy would... well...

11. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Just an idea...

I have nothing against any staff just like you

12. ItsAaronPlays

ItsAaronPlays Homie

wow interesting, but always remember this, even if u get banned for using "fastplace" you can always open a support ticket and show proof getting ur self unbanned. Sometimes staff do make wrong choices and mistakes are part of life. So its easy, make a support ticket, show proof, and u get unbanned. At the same time, if higher staff members can see a certain staff member constantly making these mistakes, they can have a better idea of what position they should be at! :D

• Like Like x 1