1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we nerf the minigun: A forum's discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Minecart' started by Kitterfox, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Should the minigun be Nerfed?

1. NERF IT TO THE GROUND!

2. The minigun is fine as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kitterfox

Kitterfox Hobo

Note off the bat: I'm only doing this discussion in the scope of GTM1 (minesantos) because that's the only experience that I have but after that is said

We Need to talk about the Minigun

The most problematic gun in all of GTM and for good reason! It's really overpowered! For the price of being Lv100 (easy with time and patience) Or buying supreme! You get access to THE best gun in the game for only 50,000 dollars in the in game shop! (AKA, NOTHING) the only downsides are is how expensive it is, 50000 dollars in the in game shop, and the level requirements. Other than that this gun is a LITERALLY BEHEMOTH!

Lets see what this gun gives: A high range that is only beat by guns like the Advanced rifle which is the best ranged rifle in GTM, a AMAZING fire rate that the gusenberg sweeper would dream of, a crazy high clip of 300 bullets in a round, and finally its high DPS in any situation. The only true drawbacks other than the level/price is how heavy it is, and actually this is more of a blessing than a curse because if you jump and fire at the same time, its a really effective escape mechanism! The only thing that can truly fight against a minigun is a winger/Airborne enemy and even then the minigun carrier would probably have a Net launcher to easily trap the winger in their flight so they will be easy to shoot down. Case in point this gun is BLOODY AMAZING!

I've seen a lot of people wanting this gun nerfed. but here's my solution for the minigun problem! reducing it's range.

Now reducing it's range may sound really simple but overall it will make this gun actually do what it's true role is susposed to be! a behemoth at close range. and it will eliminate all the frustration of getting shreded apart by a minigun from what feels like a mile away! granted the minigun will still be a overpowered gun but it will shift the gun meta enough most likely if this is done right so the minigun is not the only gun that can be used as the main gun!

• Like Like x 1
  2. cool_soc

cool_soc Hobo

Yea you can pin players to wall so it makes an ez kill. I believe it should be nerfed slightly. And the range is mediocre in my opinion but still a great weapon. And combined with a net launcher or heavy sniper and your pretty op. Also you can the minigun off of the black market for like 24-30k so its cheaper. But the accomplishment of getting access to the minigun at level 100 is good. And It's annoying to use against low level players since they run from you when you have a minigun. And I cant blame them. You can get shredded. But thats not the point, the point is it's annoying to catch up to low level players that have lighter weapons. Since you have the minigun which makes you slower than other players. So they should kind of boost the speed to normal so players can catch up and kill players.