1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Server Suggestion] How to (probably) stop killaura hackers.

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by iTraitor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

If you don't know, there are a lot of killaura hackers on the servers (mostly in jps, but sometimes you get blatant ones). And so far, nothing has been done to try and reduce the amount of them.

On larger servers, the way they catch kill aura hackers is by flying an npc around the player, and if the player headlocks onto it, they get banned.

I was thinking this server could have a slight variation of this.

My variation is that when somebody kills somebody else with a melee weapon, an npc gets instantly teleported behind them (for a split second, to avoid legit players get banned). If the player headlocks onto the NPC, it is a clear sign they are hacking, if they don't, it's a fairly clear sign that they aren't.

The good thing about this is:
    1. Because the NPC is teleported instantly, the player can't toggle their hacks off
    2. This way, the staff can easily see if somebody's hacking without having to watch them for minutes on end
    3. It easily says if somebody is hacking in an instant.
    4. Legit players don't get effected as the NPC is only there for a split second.
    5. Hackers can be banned almost instantly, minimising how much damage they did to the server / playerbase

I hope you like my suggestion :).

2. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

There's a setting in Killaura Clients where u can set the FOV of the Aura so that teleporting the NPC behind the Hacker wouldn't work

3. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

However, many people don't even bother with the config, and just use it, so it will catch some, but not all. However the staff are there for a reason to catch the remainder of the smart ones.

4. Grandacity

Grandacity Gangster

My suggestion is instead of a head snap check, we can see if the entity takes damage or to see if the entity reports a hit. I'm sure that Hypixel has a feature like this and it is very effective. This would also be more accurate since players are able to spin around after killing players, but you are unable to attack entities that are behind you unless you have kill aura.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

This is even better. Most ka hackers usually hit, then headspin, meaning they usually aren’t looking at the target when killing them.

Also on this topic, I also think the server needs a basic anticheat, like NCP, or really something basic, as at the moment there is nothing. You can fly, speed, killaura without anything being done, and by the time staff deal with it, the damage has been done. And most accounts which do this transfer items to higher level accounts.

Also on most anticheats they don’t register hits if they are fishy, which could help alot, as they are quite accurate imo.

Just more thoughts I had on this topic.

6. Mockin

Mockin Criminal

I have seen this NPC in use in Hypixel and bigger servers. I do truly believe this will help our Killaura problems. The killaura bot is hard to enable on this server though because plugins that allow for guns to shoot might activate or hit the killaura bot while it is activated around them. This might cause a problem, but I'm sure the Devs might be able to find a way around this problem. If this is true they should consider doing manual bans using the killaura bots rather than console bans.

7. peraldon

peraldon Production Manager

Manager
    I'm not the best person to be talking about AntiCheats - I'll leave that up to our talented Development Team. However, I can say that heavily improving the current anti-cheat is very high up my list of priorities right now. We'll be having a chat behind the scenes, trying to work out the best way to improve this. Keep you eyes peeled over the next couple of months!

• Like Like x 1
  8. pistanmarc

pistanmarc Thug

Guys the things with kill aura in most clients is that it can be edited to how you wanted (distance, only hitting players in front or as aura, trigger with invisible people, speed of the clicks and more) so the reason in most situations about not having a kill aura anti cheat would be most players with really good CPU would be false banned and players with bad CPU as well so it's better if it gets recorded because then your more sure if they are really using a client so more than 97% of bans won't be false unless the person literally knows he is false banning.
    This is my opinion but I spoke about real things(such as the settings on clients)

Although anti cheats can be proven to be really precise but other times it proves it's not the best thing.

• Like Like x 1