1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refund system

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Owendog77, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Gtm needs a refund system, its annoying to die to hackers and when you ask the staff member who bans them to refund your gear they just say "sry no refunds"... even if they watched you die.

Its gotten to the point where im just not going to report hackers anymore, if one comes around i'll just switch gtm's or leave.

2. Cursed

Cursed Canadian Ping Abuser

You have to think about a few things though.

1. How do we know that you actually lost it? Many people would just lie about it. We can't just say "Yeah we trust you, but not you". The exception to this is if we actually see you die.
    2. In most of these cases, the person that is watching the hacker, and dealing with them is Sr.Mod or below. Which means that these people can't spawn in gear, and would have to refund you with their own gear, which wouldn't be right.
    3. Record, that way if you catch the hacker, you can just clip it, put it on youtube, and send it to us. DO NOT go back, as you'll only lose more gear (I don't get why people do this)
    4. If you can't record, just /report them or in /help say "Person is hacking on GTM #" and a staff will get there pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Thx for telling me how to report hackers, but this still isn't fair to the player that gets killed.

Even if the player recorded it you wouldn't refund it. Of course you cant trust anybody, but if you watch the player die or they record it you still wouldn't refund it, theres the problem.

4. GamerBot74

GamerBot74 Thug

Premium
    If you go back to record a hacker, just bring a knife and a gun, nothing valuable. This way, you can record the hacker(s) without losing anything worthwhile.

5. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

Ok, so here's a concept I've been thinking of for a while:
    • When you die, the server will store what you had in your inventory for 10 minutes (If you die multiple times, it gets overwritten)
    • When a player is banned, the server will check if that player has killed you in the past 10 minutes, and if they have, you can reclaim your lost inventory with a command like /claim.
    This will be effective as most times, it only takes staff around 10 minutes to ban a hacker, and you will be able to claim your lost inventory back automatically, without bothering staff.

I can code a quick mockup of what this could look like if you want.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    That would be perfect