1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Patch 1.0.2]

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MixLogic, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    [Patch 1.0.2]
    Last week, we attempted to add flavor back to all shotguns, so they would be identified as weapons that could deal insane damage up close, but very little damage against ranged encounters. Naturally, this means shotguns would be used as a secondary weapon switch until PvP encounters were more close range.

We want to remind players that we have a versioning system that you can see on our MOTDs in the Minecraft Server List, so you can keep up with different patches!

Following up on the last week's update to the SHOTGUN class, we wanted to tackle some frustrating things about the LAUNCHER class. Specifically, we noticed players would carry multiple launchers to combo players without any counter play. Hopefully, the changes to launchers aren't an overreaction to the combo aspect of the game, but should reward players that hit their skill shots accurately.

[Bounty Tax]
    We've added support for Managers/Admins to enable tax of newly placed bounties, and the ability to change this tax percent at any time. Players have been abusing the bounty tracker to constantly grief the same player over and over without risking any money.

With this tax, we can combat some of the inflation in the economy, as well as restore the intended use of the bounty system.

[Weapon/Armor/Item Price Changes]
    Due to the influx of money and items from other GTM servers, we have adjusted the BUY price for all weapons, most armor, and all ammo.

We'll be touching up prices in the next few patches, either increasing or decreasing prices, as an additional measure to help balance the weapons.

[General Changes]
    - ResourcePack support for Minecraft 1.13.1 has been added.
    - Attempts to fix some issues with players not loading their data in a reasonable manner.
    - Attempts to fix issues with display of player scoreboards.
    - General backend fixes to try to improve lag, which will be an ongoing target of improvement in the next few patches.

[Weapon Changes]
    - All melee weapons are now usable through flying/wearing the jetpack wingsuits, except chainsaws cannot be used while FLYING the jetpack. They can, however, be used with a wingsuit.
    - Net Launchers will now be able to disable the use of a jetpack for the duration of the stun. This can be reactivated as soon as the web disappears.

Grenade Launcher
    - No changes.

Homing Launcher
    - Changes explosionSize from 5.0 to 2.5.

Net Launcher
    - Base stun duration from netgun decreased from 5 to 1.
    - New Effect: 3x stun duration for hitting a target with a wingsuit.
    - New Effect: 2x stun duration for hitting a target with a jetpack.

RPG
    - Changes scaledDamage from false to true.
    - Changes explosionSize from 5.0 to 6.0.

HOTFIX:
    JPers will be able to re-enable their jetpack after 1.0 seconds (but the web still appears for 2 seconds).

2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    So net launchers now work on JP's??? If thats true i think its stupid, thats the same as the stungun except you can now do it from like 10x the distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    Mixed feelings about the new update.

4. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I feel like I was responsible for the bounty tax.

5. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    And raising prices?!?!?!? Thats rediculous, i feel like they were to high if anything.

6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    After playing this update for the first time ive come to the determination... it sucks.

Please completly undo it, everything about it is bad as far as balancing.

I should have quit months ago, as soon as i started seing everything go downhill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  7. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Jetpackers only get netted for 2 seconds, and they can fly out after the first second. So though where I see where you are coming from, remember this wont be much of an issue for air vs air pvp. It will just be something jetpackers have to watch out for when targeting ground users. This is what we intend as currently, jetpackers completely own ground players, who stand zero chamce to fight back. This makes the game unfun for the majority on the ground.

Currently what players do is, they die, and rebuy the weapons from the shop for a cheap price. There was no saving up weapons of any kind. And players got rediculously rich. This was never intended. Though I do agree the sudden price change was a tad bit too dramatic.

And actually, looking at GTM statistics, we are currently on our way uphill. Statistics show, past 2 months GTM is gaining back its playerbase.

8. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Sky your one of my favorite staff members, but i think you suffer from what i call staffing disorder.

Basicly its where all staff think that every update is good and you only helping the playerbase, basicly i think your in denial.

When you net jpers its so easy to just rpg them, i dont think you get that... especially with the huge minigun/flamethrower update supposedly coming out next week it us really easy to kill jpers after netting them.

The whole reason for using JP's was that they couldn't be netted, plus you litterally just added stunguns and you can no longer land and rifle/grenade spam.

I think your nerfing jp's way to much and the playercount is reflecting that. (As far as i can see)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. xoxo_sky_xoxo

xoxo_sky_xoxo Homie

Uh, theres tons of ways to kill jpers when on the ground... Before the update, all you needed was a chainsaw and a gun, and you could defend yourself against jpers. Jping is one of the three things on this server that actually takes skill. Unlike net spamming, rpg spamming, etc. Anybody can obtain a netlauncher or a stun gun, spawn somewhere, net/stun them and completely destroy the jper. jetpacking has been completely ruined by this new update. I like most of the other ideas though. Also, you're delusional if you actually believe in the status you posted a couple days ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. MafiosoKitten_

MafiosoKitten_ Criminal

Raising prices because there's more money on the server is kind of dumb. Most of the money that has come into this server through transferring is held by a small number of people and by inflating the prices you hurt the average gtm player more than the player with 100mil who barely pvps. As Owendog said, please undo it.

11. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    The fuel is eating my bank account, it costs like 50K for a full tank now and thats WAY to high to make profit.

Also mafiaso is 100% correct.

Its not even a request at this point, its a fact that it's not helping gtm.

Way back when (GTM was truly fun) i was a noob, i NEVER bought from shop because the prices were to high... i cant imagine what it would be like to be a noob again... i mean 12K for 2 pieces of semi good armor and 8K for an advanced carbine... it hurts just to think about.

12. Darkrai

Darkrai Mugger

How can you say this won't be much of an issue for air pvp, when wingers can net the jet packer mid air and have enough time to shoot and kill them. ;3

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Wingers get trapped for longer though. But I do see your point, the 1 second the JPer is stunned, a winger could potentially shot him down.

Anyhow, let us see how this update goes. If things don't work out, we can easily change it back. You can provide feedback on our discord. Do /discord in game.

14. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    But were providing feedback now, and we already know how its playing out.

Also i was told by flofin that the update would get changed back if we complained a lot... i think this is a bad stance on this because a lot of people dont even bother to complain, they just leave and quit.

But if i need to complain more to get it changed, just let me know.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  15. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

This update is not a good one in my opinion. The prices are way too high, and now nets can disable JPs? This should be revered immediately. I think by the comments already in this thread that should be evident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Darkrai

Darkrai Mugger

Tbh I personally love this, considering I can't abuse the homing launcher on jetpackers now xD
    As if you put the wing suit on before the rocket hits them it does 0 Damage.

The one thing I personally hate about the whole net update is that if I'm winging and I net a winger mid air while he's trying to net me mid air, the net only lasts for 2 seconds as technically the net acts as if he's a ground pvper as he doesn't have the wing on mid air.... While he's in the net without a wingsuit on he has enough time to net me while I have my wing suit on which would lasts for 5 seconds... :/ Not really a fix to this just pointing it out.

17. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    The prices are retarded, we can all agree on that.

18. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

^

19. Hoaverr

Hoaverr Hobo

Can I still get in jp katana and kill players in 5 hits (in the air)