1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Suggestions For GTM! :)

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by DaddyShockz, Mar 21, 2018.

?

Which ones do you like?

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

A wanna be HelpOP | AKA xIMamiBeyTR
    I was thinking a lot about how I can help out the GTM community. I want to make it as popular as it once was and make it more enjoyable then it is now. So I got a few suggestions from the top of my head.
    (Not in order)
    1. Have a way for the people that are temporarily* banned or muted to shorten their ban or get rid of it fully. Through the online IRL store, by paying around $2 per day of a ban or a mute.
    2. Make the road for Hobo to Godfather longer. Possibly add more ranks. Because with the current economy it can take 3-10 days to Get to Godfather. Make that longer, but at the same time make Godfather worth working for.
    3. Have the Higher Level people be segregated from the Lower level people. So that the Godfathers can JP and Minigun only against each other. And the Hobos won't be affected by the havoc of doom that will be caused by the Godfathers.
    4. Make more of cheaper Premium houses. If there are more premium houses that cost less than or around 10 permits, there will be more people that are willing to buy them, because they can actually afford them. Its too hard to find an empty permit house under 25 permits these days it's really annoying.
    5. Make the server more "YouTube Friendly". Maybe add at least the simplest storyline to the Game, say whenever a player has to level up he has to go to an NPC that will say a few words for the storyline to him and maybe have a custom Contract that the player has to do before he can lvl up. This should attract some YouTubers and with the YouTubers come the fans. I’ve watched a few YouTube videos (wasn’t that many to chose from) on GTM gameplay, and almost Every Single Video is extremely boring.
    6. This one relates to Number 5, Add daily, weekly etc. contracts or quests to the server. Because after a while the constant grind for money or heads can get a little bit boring, so why not spice things up a little bit.
    7. Add a watchdog system so that trusted and longtime members can spectate people that are being accused of hacking. And give them the power to temporarily ban (Only if there is no staff online) them for 12-24 hours until a staff member gets on and review the ban.
    8. Add a prestige system that will allow a layer who has reached Godfather to completely restart. When the Players prestige he can choose a certain perk (speed, jump boost, strength etc.) that will be permanent for him.

Edit #1

9. I think that the staff team should advertise a lot more about the command /report and possibly add automatic chat-advertisements, especially during the peak time of hackers (About 10 pm to 5 am PacificTime Zone). So that the community is aware of the power that /report has and is able to protect them selfs against the hacks.

10. The staff should make a Punishment system that is powered by the players; whenever there's a hacker, and the console receives say ~5 (or however much the staff think is required) /report’s on him from different people, he would be put into the jail or banned for a certain amount of time (under 24 hours). Then the player is released. If the same player gets reported again (a set amount of times) in which case he should be banned until the staff have a chance to review the case and speak with the people that have reported him (if needed) because I’m often told that the staff can’t ban without proof, so if there’s at least 3/5 people that confirm the the suspect was hacking. I would think that’s enough evidence. Then it’s the staff teams decision for the punishment.

Edit #2
    1. Maybe we could have the people that spend money get 1/4, 1/2 etc. less time in a temp ban then a regular player, also for a normal player it would take an average of two offenses (I'm not actually sure, that's just an example) to get permanently banned, what if the “premium” player would get permanently banned on the 3rd offense(same thing ^). (I'm not saying they shouldn't get in trouble because of their wrongdoings) This way they are still punished, but not as much, because they helped to support the server a lot more than an average player. And I think the staff team wants to have people who are willing to spend money on their/your game for (the staff to care, which you guys do! :) ) Server updates, Server Lag Fix, and in-game items. None the less, I don't think you guys should make the server a pay to win, but make it just a tad bit lighter on the "premium" players.

2. If the staff teams "segregate" the op players from the beginners and it was done correctly; even in the simplest way, it would fix a lot of things (minigun being to OP, and noobs being killed on sight, etc.). If the “Story mode is implemented”, there can be warps that are added and can be only accessed by completing a certain mission, where the loot crates would have better loot so the warps would attract stronger players, or even somehow make them fight there, so the Hobos aren’t killed on sight. Or maybe the opposite where the Hobos start out segregated with a few other ranks above them and make their way to the top. We could make a total of 3 islands/warps (the ones that need to be unlocked via "story mode") which you would have to progress through them. Of course this needs a lot of planning and thinking, but I think that if the staff and the community work together, it would be a lot easier and if the community is aware of the future plans, they can always express how they feel about something new, before time is spent/wasted on it.

3. Wouldn't simply getting more HelpOP's fix the most of the problem with the hackers?

4. Have a way for players to reset. After some time being on the top of the "GTM food chain" gets boring (not me, just Godfathers in general). Some of my friends and Gang Members have so much money they literally don't know where to spend it. So if there was a way to reset, it would make GTM it more fun and be challenging once again.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  2. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    1. i don't agree, this would make rich people never get a ban, this would make gtm ''corrupt''.
    2. This would be a good update to gtm, if we put our time in it, so a good suggestion.
    3. This would be a big update, and i don't think its worth the time we need to put in.
    4. I agree on this, since we actually need more premium houses, and it should be nice if there were some cheap ones like 3 to 6 permits.
    5. I think this should be great.
    6. quests should be a great idea, but we need to make it properly.
    7. this would make the helpop rank almost useless, and people could use it to actually find the location of player. and we already have a watchdog system, but it won't ban people himself, becouse it could easily be a false ban and we don't have any proof at all.
    8. This should be a great update, if we make it fun, we could easily fuck it up by making it to OP.

Those are my answers on the questions, if you want me to explain it, i'll just pm you on discord.

Kind regards,
    DieHeldernaar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

1. Ok, I see your point. Maybe we could have the people that spend money get 1/4, 1/2 etc. less time in a temp ban then a regular player, also for a normal player it would take an average of two offenses (I'm not actually sure, that's just an example) to get permanently banned, what if the “premium” player would get permanently banned on the 3rd offense(same thing ^). (I'm not saying they shouldn't get in trouble because of their wrong doings) This way they are still punished, but not as much, because they helped to support the server a lot more than an average player. And I think the staff team wants to have people who are willing to spend money on their/your game for (the staff to care, which you guys do! :) ) Server updates, Server Lag Fix, and in-game items. None the less, I don't think you guys should make the server a pay to win, but make it just a tad bit lighter on the "premium" players.

3. I am aware of the size and the approximate amount of work that would be required for an update this size. But if this was done even in the simplest way, it would fix a lot of things (minigun being to OP, and noobs being killed on sight, etc.). If the “Story mode is implemented”, there can be warps that are added and can be only accessed by completing a certain mission, where the loot crates would have better loot so the warps would attract stronger players, or even somehow make them fight there, so the Hobos aren’t killed on sight. Or maybe the opposite where the Hobos start out segregated with a few other ranks above them and make their way to the top. We could make a total of 3 islands/warps (the ones that need to be unlocked via "story mode") an you would have to progress through them. Of course this needs a lot of planning and thinking, but I think that if the staff and the community work together, it would be a lot easier and if the community is aware of the future plans, they can always express how they feel about something new, before time is spent/wasted on it.

7. I overthought this, wouldn't getting more HelpOP's fix the whole problem?

8. Or at least just have a way for players to reset. After some time being on the top of the "GTM food chain" gets boring (not me, just Godfathers in general). Some of my friends and Gang Members have so much money they literally don't know where to spend it. So if there was a way to reset, it would make GTM it more fun and be challenging once again.

4. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    I love all(most, but all of them were very well thought out) these suggestions and am grateful to you for taking the time and effort to use proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization for such a long thread that looked like it was arduous to complete. I guess I'll just take a leaf from DieHeldernaar's book here and comment on each of the suggestions in turn.

#1: I feel this could work, but only for players that were permanently banned for an egregious crime they committed one day when they got frustrated, and want to return to GTM. While most players that would actually pay to have their ban shortened to a shorter period of time have probably seen the err of their ways(hacking, glitch abusing, duping, or any other offense that got them banned), and would like to be able to return to GTM to right their misdoings, this would allow players who were banned for duping to get unbanned, and allow them to transfer money to a main account.

Also, if a player using the most minimal of hacks(adding half a block to their reach, giving themselves some speed, using a watered down fast place) was finally caught after days of observation, they could just spend 2$ and return to their evil ways.

#2: I agree with this in its entirety. Some additional ranks I would like to see are crime lord, kingpin(already in Vice), and hoodlum.

#3: This would make PVP unnecessarily complicated. Hobos and Godfathers would either have to be split into two different worlds, which would cause enormous strain on the server, or Hobos would have to gain protection in the same way unwanted players can't be harmed by cops.

#4: This would be great for all the people out there with only 1 permit who want to be able to share a house with someone. I've given some thought to the matter and think a building filled with 2 chest lockers(each costing 1 permit) that you could invite people to would solve the problem.

#5: Awesome suggestion, but the larger problem behind the small number of YouTuber's doing GTM vids is the servers overall family-unfriendliness.

#6: I love it. This would also add an incentive for players to come online more regularly/consistently.

#7: This would cause many problems with false banning, as many players on GTM, whose names I will withhold, think that because they've played GTM for a long period of time, they can tell when someones hacking 100% of the time.

#8: Like DieHeldernaar said, this would cause issues with overpowered players who no-life GTM and could rapidly complete a prestige system, and would cause problems in picking out hackers from highly prestiged players.

Once again, thank you for the clear and constructive suggestions. Also, welcome to the forums!

• Learnables Learnables x 1
  5. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    And oh lol just realizing @DaddyShockz is xIMamiBeyTR

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

Wow, thanks for the amazing feed back! <3

7. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    np my dood

• Like Like x 1
  8. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Im going to make it simple
    1. No
    2. It took me about 6 months and $8
    3. No
    4. No
    5. No
    6. No
    7. Thats why we have staff members
    8. No
    9. No
    10. Not ever going to happen

Even easier:
    No, no, no... you get the fucking point.

All ideas are appreciated and considered.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

Ouch, that was a direct strike. :(

10. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Sry to be honest, dont forget this is an 18+ server

11. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

What are you trying to say?

12. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I was joking, i was basicly saying dont run crying to your mother

13. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    • #1: We currently won’t be adding any money based unban systems to the store but it’s an interesting idea.
    • #2: I completely agree and we have a few things in the works that I think you will like reguarding this!
    • #3: Though I like this idea I can see it having problems with the overall enjoyment and PvP density of the server.
    • #4: GTM1 will be getting a new Premium house apartment soon.
    • #5: We most likely won’t add a story line, but we are working on getting a few more youtubers on here.
    • #6: Completely Agreed.
    • #7: Funny, but absolutely not.
    • #8: Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

Ok, thanks for the amazing feed back!

15. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    Manager fanboy is real xD

• Like Like x 1
  16. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    I dont think i understand, if you have questions or concerns you can make a support ticket.
    If you have suggestions you can create a thread under "bugs and suggestions".

17. MixLogic

Oof

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DaddyShockz

DaddyShockz Criminal

@Owendog77 why are you being such a dick?

19. MixLogic

Valid question ngl

• Like Like x 1
  20. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Sorry for being honest with you.

And pls dont double msg