1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MOST OVERDUE GUIDE: How to Become a Better Player!

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Xnap, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Xnap

Xnap Homie

Trust me. When it comes to becoming the best on the server, a future helpop prospect, or etc, there is nothing more reliable than to respect other players on the server. Now a days, the number one thing I see lacking on the server is respect. First, I would like to address the disrespect, then add points on the ways we can fix this.

Types of Disrespect I See:
    1. Being Rude to Staff- Many of you guys have absolutely no idea what responsibilities it takes to become a staff. Guys, being staff takes dedication and time out of your day to get on Minecraft, sit at spawn for the most part, and take over whatever your role as a staff is. For helpops, their job is to administrate the chat and are only limited to certain commands such as, /gmute and /kick. Therefore, please don't yell at them when they aren't "banning" players. This is a mods job and the most a helpop can do is report it to higher staff. Otherwise, I also see players straight up saying staff suck. Honestly, just please have respect for the staff who run the server to help it become the server that it is. And please, don't argue with staff. If they have absolutely wronged you, report it to a higher staff who cant help sort the problem out. Sitting there and arguing won't do anything.

2. Scamming/Killing Players in Unfair Ways: Guys, this is sportsmanship 101. Killing players in unfair ways such as joining a gang, and quiting to kill a player in the gang for their gear is absolutely unacceptable. Although it is allowed by server rules, this the one of the most common ways I see a player losing respect. I know not all of you guys are here to make friends, but guys. There is a clear line between playing fair and unfair and no one likes unfair players. Be honest when you play, there is no need to raid, no need to scam. And honestly, many of the scams/unfair kills I see are over small items like jetpacks, or katanas, and etc. Trust me, these items aren't that hard to acquire with some playtime. Tell me whats more worth it, your reputation, or a jetpack you can buy for about 85k.

3. Calling Someone Out for Hacks/That They Suck: Again, most times I see these kinds of stuff are when players die and get salty at the person who killed them. Firstly, I would just like to address that if you bitched after dying to them, its a part of the game, grow up (only if its a fair fight though, you have all rights to be mad if they have killed you in any unfair way: catching you afk or off guard during pvp is not unfair, why are you off guard in the warzone anyways). Also you have no right to call someone "sucky" after they killed you, you're literally the one that died to the "sucky" player so you must suck even more. Also, please stop accusing players for hacks that have done nothing. If you really believe they are hacking, please /report so that a staff member can check them out. No need to try to roast them in the chat.

How We, as a Server, Can Fix This: (This section will be fairly short as the most obviously way to fix it is to stop doing all of the above.)
    - If staff tells you something, just say yes. No need to argue. It is a waste of your time and theirs.
    - Don't be a dick. There's absolutely no reason to pvp or gain advantages unfairly. Be a man and learn how to play fair.
    - If someone asks for their items back after dying, consider giving it back. This open doors for future relationships and alliances.
    - Don't scam anyone, as much as this lowers your chance of becoming a staff because you are being dishonest, this is straight up a dick move. And whatever item you're trying to scam can be bought fairly with enough playtime (unless its a unique rare, but even so, is is common sense to not scam)
    - Help new players out. This is a great way to show respect towards newer players. Who knows! They might become managers and admins one day and return the favor to you.
    - Try to hold your words in if you get mad after dying. Raging really doesn't get you anywhere besides players telling you to "chill" or "stfu".

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  2. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

Too Long!

• Retarded Retarded x 1
  3. Akarush

Akarush Hunter

This made my day

• Like Like x 1
  4. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

• Sexy Sexy x 1
  5. Xnap

Xnap Homie

Don't be lazy. :(

6. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

I got scammed 6.5mill
    Im Past Lazy

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  7. blackmagic9988

blackmagic9988 Moderator

I will say though this is long, I've seen and acknowledge some of these things yet due to the point where by ruling and using common sence, staff seem to have there own standard for things so we can't change/modify things. And to include some people just don't read /rules, and some just use general basic knowledge of servers they plaid on to get by and it works. minecraft has been out for a long period of time now and the curve of players has now since its golden ages has dipped down, so our playerbase is most likely becoming of the old players of other servers to ours, meaning they probably know what to do. And those who don't are normally suppose to be greeted by helpops and other staff with a welcome message to tell them to type /t in chat to view a tutorial. As for the staff team, they are constantly working on the server, helping people, helping the devs, and working on future plans for all of us and of the server itself. I don't mean to be rude but one thing I say is "If you think someone hacks record it, or /report it." Otherwise nothing will happen and you will just forget about it and call the other player good. I've seen bad players hit there highs and lows in moments, and coming from someone whos probably slowly sinking back down to there point where they suck again. "I don't mind we are all playing a game and its suppose to be fun, winning, losing fights, its all apart of the dynamics of the game. One thing I will say is we need more people who can help the staff without needing or wanting anything in return. So thanks for the random wall, and this is my add to it.

8. Xnap

Xnap Homie

Please don't post off topic comments.

9. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

10. Zuclas

Zuclas Hunter

attempting to pound pussy
    And don't post unneeded posts. Read the forum rules please, thanks! :cool:

11. K9crusaderz

K9crusaderz Rock n' Roll Outlaw

Good luck with that. You can't make people change on your own, no matter how hard you try. The only person who can really make a person change, is their self. The best you can do is be a good person yourself and treat them with the respect that you would treat anyone else with, as futile as it may or may not be, in the hopes that they will follow your example and try their best to change on their own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Learnables Learnables x 1
  12. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

(Off Topic)
    K9, You Resigned?! Your a Disgrace to the Dog World!

13. 11kobeer

11kobeer Retired Manager

These would all make the server a better place. That being said, as much as I would like to see this (and I bet the staff would literally give a finger for this), it just won't happen. Unless EVERYONE starts getting punished for these actions, there isn't going to be a huge change.
    I do my part to make sure I don't make the staffs' lives harder, and I'm not one of those toxic ass people on the server. But for every 1 of me, there, are like 10+ others xD and sadly that won't change :(. But I like the vibe of this post

14. PuppyRyan

PuppyRyan Thug

We Need Aussie Staff, Cause at Midnight For Americanos, Theres atleast 5 hackers

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Xnap

Xnap Homie

I just thought it was important to acknowledge it and put it out there. But yes, you're absolutely right. The only person who can make a change is yourself; not to be cliche. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    The organization is amazing

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1