1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miniguns need to be nerfed, and here's how they could be

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by dragonking3002, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Should miniguns be nerfed in this way?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

42.9%
  3. They should be nerfed, just in a alternate way(please explain in the comment section)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

Not once have I ever heard the minigun mentioned in a positive light, and after discussing possible minigun changes with other people + doing some minigun v gunsen duels, I've concluded that the minigun is incredibly overpowered relative to every other single gun in the game.

The problems with the minigun

The dps of the minigun outclasses the dps of the second best gun in the game(the gunsen) to the degree that, even if you ambush them and they are turned 180 degrees away from you, they can still very easily turn around and kill you in nearly less then a second(the gunsen takes a solid 2-3 seconds of consistent close range fire to kill a armored player)

good strategic use of cover are useless against a competent minigunner to because they have permanent supressive fire(keeping an enemy pinned with weapon fire)because the minigun shoots instantly and even scarier, if they are skillful, they can invalidate your cover by using explosives to pressure you out of where you're hiding + because of how many bullets it fires, you can't even dodge it and as soon as it hits you, you are comboed to death by bullets.

The 2 features that would put miniguns back in check

1. nerf the range of the miniguns so that it is slightly less/ equal to the gunsen's range

2.introduce a chargeup mechanic for the minigun that it takes 2-3 seconds to start firing

These changes would change the minigun from the absolute best gun in the game that evaporates armored players in less then a second to a one of the best guns in the game but can be countered by good gunplay + strategic use of cover. Also, the minigun can still counter wingers and jetpackers because it still retains it's dps and incredible accuracy, they just have to shoot them while they are airborn/ while they are trying to approach them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zuclas

Zuclas Hunter

attempting to pound pussy
    I like the chargeup idea.

3. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

The chargeup idea is actually really good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jvkatox

Jvkatox Hunter

Or maybe a chargeup, but in the first few seconds it shoots slower until the barrel spins at full speed and shots normally.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Well the minigun will always remain the best gun because it is supposed to be and balances will be coming soon to the minigun.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    I really like the chargeup idea. The minigun of GTA 5 also got a chargeup, that's why it isn't that OP.

Having a limited amount of bullets could be another idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

ya, but it would be nice if minigunners had to use more then their 2 braincells to actualy kill someone, it doesn't help that the even scarier minigunners use netlaunchers so not even cover works ;-;

8. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

the problem with that is you still don't have time to get to cover because "less bullets" in minigun terms means shooting about as fast as the gunsen which means you wouldn't be able to retreat behind cover

9. UziBrick

UziBrick Dealer

Triple OG
    The minigun is overpowered for a good reason. To be able to use this weapon, you must either spend over 8 million on in-game ranks or 200 USD for the supreme rank. Not giving an advantage to players who, through commitment, reached these ranks wouldn't be right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Barry

Barry Criminal

FX Studios Founder / Manager - VoiceActor
    Home Page:
    Absolutely agree

11. Zuclas

Zuclas Hunter

attempting to pound pussy
    WDYM limited amount of bullets? Amount of bullets in the magazine, or..?
    But if you are, I think we should just stick to the current amount of bullets we got since the fire rate of the minigun is very scary

12. dragonking3002

dragonking3002 Hobo

Sure its fine to give minigunners an advantage, but the advantage right now reduces the skill-cap of gunplay significantly and lets minigunners comfortably kill anyone who isn't a minigunner near instantly or the case of minigun v minigun, fights are just who spots who first. This ruins the experience for non-minigun users (which is a majority of the population of the server) . I'd also hardly call the minigun a "reward" because all it does it take away the satisfaction of using skill to earn your kills and lets you kill anyone you want to just by right clicking on them. Which is extremely unsatisfying in comparison.

Also you're gonna get bored eventually, as slaughtering everyone endlessly gets stale and so you'll leave, which reduces player count . I know this because I can very easily simulate what minigunners do just by wandering the outskirts of the city with a gunsen and armor because most people don't wear armor + their aim/weapony is trash

The minigun is not a reward. It is a scourge on both skilled f2p/donars players who earned their way to the top. To non-minigunners which populate most of the server.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    I mean a limited amount of bullets that a minigun can have, not the bullets in one magazine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cho2015

Cho2015 Homie

Hi! I personally understand your frustrations regarding the minigun being slightly overpowered, however, as @Lil8 clearly stated, the minigun serves as a reward to those who have played long enough to achieve the godfather or the supreme rank. Not giving those ranks an overpowered item would defeat the purpose of trying to achieve them. I hope my response makes sense. :)