1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all Bank Money

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by SimpleGeography, Oct 13, 2017.

1. SimpleGeography

SimpleGeography Hobo

Aight so this is going to be a request to fix something that's not REALLY a bug but I would call it one.

So I was pvping and then died, normal right? But then I type the letter "o" after I died and all of a sudden my entire bank account (730k) gets transferred to a player called "oneonefoots". http://prntscr.com/gwqix2

Based off of my chat logs during that time, I can assume that I accidentally activated the feature that allows me to transfer bank money, and happened to select ALL of it. Since I did not realize that this happened, I did not know to type "quit" in order to cancel the operation. But what's interesting here is that the command did not expire. This means that next time I type, the money will go to the person with the username CLOSEST to what I typed. In this case it was "o", which sent the money to oneonefoots. Screenshots of the situation http://prntscr.com/gwr4si this is when I activated the feature by accident (I was in the middle of pvp) http://prntscr.com/gwr5gs When I typed "o" ( After I died)

The moment at which I typed "o" was almost 5 minutes after I activated the feature. This tells me that there is no expiration for this command, and the fact that it takes the closest username to what you typed just makes it worse.

Ultimately, I am suggesting that there be an expiration for this command AND that you have to be specific with who you're sending the money to avoid mistakes.

Also, can I get my 730k back? :DDDD

GTM 1

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. UziBrick

UziBrick Dealer

Triple OG
    Hard to understand what happened based off of this evidence, however, I still do hope that you get your money back.

3. peraldon

peraldon Production Manager

Manager
    Hello there,

Unfortunately there isn't enough evidence to give you your money back - just chat logs are a bit flimsy, I have reported this as an issue to the development so that we can fix it.

4. SimpleGeography

SimpleGeography Hobo

What other evidence is there to give? There's only so much I can dish out here as it's not a huge bug and it happened very fast. I did some testing with the feature and as I thought, when you type something while the command is active, what you type doesn't appear in chat. The letter showing up in chat would be the only other evidence, but since it doesn't show up, there shouldn't be much more to give. Yes, I get that I only have chatlogs, but what else are you supposed to provide with evidence mainly around chat?

Sorry, but I don't understand why I can't have my cash back.

5. iTraitor

iTraitor Mugger

I understand the frustration here, however my question is how you managed to get to the menu, without noticing. You have to click in 4 very precise spaces, and then a chat message even appears, and I don't understand how somebody could get to your point and not notice you were actually transferring cash, or even forget that you were.

6. SimpleGeography

SimpleGeography Hobo

Yeah I get your point. One doesn't just do what I did on a normal basis, and not even notice it. However, I can see myself doing that because the moment when it occurred was pretty hectic. I often try depositing money into my bank no matter the situation if it's a lot. It's just a habit. My speculations are that I must have panicked (in which I did as I was being shot at) and clicked the wrong thing while trying to deposit supposedly a large amount of money into my bank. Since the withdraw, deposit, and transfer options all have the same looking GUI there is no way to tell the difference. This ultimately resulted in me transferring all of my money to oneonefoots 5 mins later without realizing that the command was still active.

7. Dragiyn

Dragiyn Thug

hope you get your money back