1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like a non-reset server

Discussion in 'Vice' started by Tamer3104, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

I'm one of these persons who hate resets, like you take a year to build something and boom, you lose everything for no reason (there is a reason, but I can't seem to find it). I'd really like an alternative to ViceMc without resets every few months. Vice is the only good drug server out there, and I think resets just fucks it up. I don't want to lose everything after 3 months.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Actually it is a few months and i dont see your argument, they have to reset vice for there to be any point in it. It also helps keep lag down.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

Actually my argument is that I don't see any point in playing on a server on which my efforts will be lost after a short period of time. You probably play other games with progression, imagine losing it every few months, that's annoying and it makes the game unenjoyable. Imagine playing World of Warcraft, but every X months you lost everything and you had to restart. Maybe it helps with lag but if so many people like when it resets, maybe they will use the restarting server and there will be so few people on the non-restart that it won't lag... Some servers never reset (like 2b2t), (eventhough I know the game lags more with all those plugins you guyz use)

4. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    If there is no end to vice you would never have fair winners. The sane people would win every time.

5. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

I don't want an end, the majority of skyblock servers never reset, towny servers never reset, some others drug servers never reset... Why would this one have to reset? There doesn't have to be a winner, I just want to make a huge drug empire, but since I don't have much people to play with, I'm alone, and when you're alone, you have no chance to win regular ViceMc, because there is no time for perseverance, to win, you need to have a big faction with a lot of members, and begin playing as soon as the reset happens. With a server that doesn't reset, someone that comes 3 months after the beginning of the server, will be able, even if he's alone to reach the level of a huge faction that's here for a long time, with time and effort.

I know nobody cares about what I say and since I'm alone in this case, there's no way my wishes can come true, so sorry for the bother.

6. HenningLenz

HenningLenz Gangster

I definitely understand where you are coming from, I hate all my Progress being gone aswell but that's just the Concept of Vice. Higher Staff wants it to be a Competition that of course has to end at some Point.

7. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

Well so I think Vice ain't made for me, I absolutelty LOVE this server and the way drugs are made, I'd really wish the server doesn't reset...

8. Megadog1212

Megadog1212 Criminal

You seem to be comparing ViceMC to other MC games that are completely different.

9. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    What your saying makes sense, but then theres no competition and people quit.

10. Presidentx

Presidentx Owner Staff Member Owner

Look at the end results of the S2 competition: in just a couple of months you can earn billions of dollars. Now imagine if we kept it going for another 3 months.

There would be no fun in the game for the rich cartels, and no chance at winning for the smaller ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Brownwood

Brownwood Helper

The point of Vice is the competition to the top. To make your Cartel, Sell drugs, and become the top Drug Lord of the server in the 2-3 months time. Thus they are rewarded for their efforts. By taking away the resets you loose the competition. If you still keep rewards lets say every three months the top cartel gets a prize then it will just be the same cartel over and over again. The new cartels will never be able to catch up. After a year goes by they can easily have 100+ Billion. How does a new player compete with that? I believe what you are looking for is a non competitive / no reward server. A just for fun server. Where you can make and sell drugs, build huge bases etc. So instead of changing Vice perhaps we should discuss adding another Vice.

12. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

Well brownwood the point of my post since the beginning IS to add another Vice server, not remove the resets from the original server. Thing is, this server has the best drug system in the whole game, and I really wanna play on this server, only, the resets frustrates me, and for the "cartels have way too much money" problem, just add cartel ranks! if there are a lot of expensive cartel ranks, like some of them over 500 billions that give interesting advantages, there would be a point in having this much money... Or instead making a levelling system with like, 50 levels, levelling up would cost a huge amount of money but would give an advantage to every member of the cartel, like crowbars by example, or huge tags to show off. Also, I'm really comparing this server to other drugs servers because that's how drug servers are, and this is one, I know the original Vice was made to be like it is today, but making another version of vice that's like every other drug servers but with these cool machines and stuff is possible... there are a lot of ways this could be made, but I'm not asking for you guys to do it, since I know that it's completly illogical to make some huge game changes for ONE player...

13. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Also with the seasons concept you can win spicy gift cards. @Brownwood can testify.

14. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    That's what makes Vice that cool, the fact that you have to start all over again. If this wouldn't be a thing, @Brownwood would have a tons of money... This would change the game on a bad wise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

Well if Brownwood has a lot of money it's because he plays a lot, if he plays a lot that means he likes the fact that there is a reset system, so then he's play on the resetting server.

16. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    So you would dump a lot of time into a server that does not reward you for it?

17. Tamer3104

Tamer3104 Hobo

Yes I would. Definetly, my reward is to see how big my base is and how much money I have... When you make a survival map and you've beaten the dragon, the wither and done all achivevements, its still fun to keep playing, same thing with vice in my opinion

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Megadog1212

Megadog1212 Criminal

GTM has a server for building, it’s called Creative.

Staff have already said that there will be no “reset free” server, so there is no reason for leaving this thread open any longer

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. kataclar_

kataclar_ Criminal

Different thing, you can't do same things.
    Unrelated.