1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTM Suggestion

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by BandzOnly, Nov 14, 2021.

1. BandzOnly

BandzOnly Hobo Supreme

What Server is your Suggestion for?

[GTM1, 4, 7]

What is your Suggestion? Be concise!

Competitive Air PvP:

I believe that GTM's competitive aspect has always been there and is one of the things most people enjoy about GTM. To name one specifically, Air PvP. The Air PvP scene on GTM has been quite fascinating over the years and has had its moments as some may call it the "glory days" or "the good days". The point of this suggestion would be to explain how GTM could potentially reinstate the former greatness of Air PvP. How would GTM do such a thing? The answer is in making it more new player-friendly and creating a chance for new Air PvPers to practice and hone their Air-PvP skills and then convert those skills in the Warzone. With this, GTM could create a whole new dynamic of players ready to combat the already highly experienced players and stand a real chance against them in battle.

To create this, I believe there would need to be a Dueling System set up on Each GTM server (GTM1, GTM4, GTM7) where players can /duel others to practice and get better at whatever mode of AirPvP they choose. These modes would be (Jetpacker vs Jetpacker) (Winger vs Winger). This would give new players who have recently piqued an interest in Air-PvP but wanted to practice without the risk of dying and losing their hard-earned gear. To add on to this dueling system, there could also be a Ranked Dueling System where players who have already established themselves as competitive Air-PvPers can fight for a top spot to earn a Prize at the end of each month. Example: Top 3 players at the end of the month receive Special Tags (#1 JPER, #2 JPER, #3 JPER) (#1 WINGER, #2 WINGER, #3 WINGER) <-- those were just examples, but you could get creative with the tags and or prizes like GTM Gift Cards.

Why do you Suggest this?

Personally, as a regular Jetpacker, I have had times where I had encountered inexperienced players who may have just starting jetpacking that with time could have stood a chance but at the moment had none. Also, pertaining to the Ranked Side this would give already experienced players something else to compete for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AA001__

AA001__ Hobo

Great suggestion fellow brederin

3. Cusbane

Cusbane Hobo

I like

4. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Wellll....

I'd argue the "glory days" of GTM was back when ground PVP was the favorite. Regardless, I'm not saying a duel system is out of the question. Definitely, something we've considered in the past. But it's far from a priority.

Right now, I think it's probably better to focus on the "new" player base on GTM as a whole, to build back a strong foundation.