1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTM BOOM

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Owendog77, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Many of us are probably wondering "how can we get to 1000 players concurrently again?!?!?"

Well i may not have a perfect answer but i do think i lnow why we hit that benchmark last year.

Lets start off with the basics.

-it was summertime
    -that was when epicstun brought popularity to the server is germany.

Now lets get into some more complicated stuff:

Skill level: last summer was really the uprising of classic flying pvp, beforehand the flying scene was unbalanced and didn't require much skill at all. Once these balances came around everybody pretty much started as a noob when it came to jp pvp (except for a few with prior experience on another server). This ment that the flying scene was fair, nobody was particularly better then the others and everybody started to get good at the same time meanimg that it was really competative and fun.

Nowdays there are just a bunch of gods that fly around 3 tapping people in 2 seconds.

Economy: being a relatively unpopulated server prior to the rush the economy was pretty good, then as more people started to join more money was dumped into the economy via loot crates, crowbars, tokens...

This means that there are now BILLIONS more in the economy then there was a year ago and things such as katanas, wings... arent worth as much.

A year ago a katana would go for an easy 700-800K, now you can get them for 70-80 (maby lower).

Why the minigun nerf was bad:
    Back in the day i would say a dollar is worth 2 or 3 in todays economy, meaning that for new players grinding out money from chests there time would be well spent compared to doing the same thing today. At the same time experienced players could have lots of fun minigun pvping and also make money.

In other words, everybody could make money and have fun pvping at the same time, when the minigun was nerfed... Right after the server started losing players a whole bunch of loyal and experienced players quit, there was no longer balance. With money becoming more and more common and the doller dropping in value new players could not make enough to be "succesful" and eventually quit.

My point is that last summer GTM had the perfect conditions for the boom... epicstun, skill equality, summer, minigun balance, and economy all meant that new players had a chance on gtm and experienced players could still have lots of fun and make money.

Now i know that many people are probably going to say "an eco reset will do the same thing" and i can tell you it wont. You cant reset skill, and thats a fact.

Im sorry if this is sloppy and/or all over the place, im typing on my phone like always and im kinda rushed. Ive been wanting to post this for about a week or 2 and i had to get it out.

Also i spelled meant, ment like 20 times, dont judge me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
  3. TheMuscleEmpireCH

TheMuscleEmpireCH Hobo

4. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Howso? Some would say that gtm would no longer exist without this boom, even if those players no longer play.

5. xMini

xMini Thug

Human
    Well said.