1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

godmode bans

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by Ker14, Oct 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ker14

Ker14 Hobo

Hi there,

I'm ker14 and i want to say something about the godmoders. At first it was a small problem like 1/200 was using it but now it has gotten big. If there are 200 people online and no mods it's an average of 1/20 godmoding. This is caused by the punishment it's too weak!! If you get banned for only 1h when mods come online who cares? if you just godmoded 5h straight without dieing. And even the godmoders that get banned are only the few that don't log out when they find out a mod is online. To give an example I recorded 3 godmoders atleast today and that was only a quarter of them. Please make the punishment way stronger!! 1st time = 1 day , 2nd time= 5 day, 3rd time = perm. This is the way to fix this!

Greetings,
    Ker14

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Grandacity

Grandacity Gangster

I appreciate your concern over the issue, but from what I've gathered, you are addressing something that cannot be done by the staff themselves. If no mods or staff members are on, and that number of abusers rises, then it is up to the public to record the players abusing god mode so that we can punish them accordingly. I also agree that the punishment times are a little lax, but I think that you are suggesting times that are a little extreme. I would suggest halving those punishments and have a perm ban on the 4th offense.

Also, send me the link to the godmoders please.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Ker14

Ker14 Hobo

tnx for replaying, I got one more thing:
    I know staff members can't always be online but the punishment is so lax that in my opion it isn't even worth the trouble of recording and posting. Since most of the people will just get a kick. And if there is no point in recording I'm not going to record again since it won't fix anything
    (I made reports with the banappeal thing)
    greetings ker14

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Grandacity

Grandacity Gangster

We don't just kick players who abuse this glitch, we make sure to also ban the ones who are repeat offenders. Most of the time, we see that players do not repeat the offense (except for the retarded few who do). We are able to check whether or not a player has been guilty of committing the same glitch and was punished earlier. By recording a player who is abusing, you are supporting the community. Finally, it isn't just about punishing players who abuse, it's about teaching a lesson and improving the overall quality of our servers.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    If a player is continuously abusing the rules on the server a Admin+ can authorize a higher punishment for that specific case.

• Helpful Helpful x 1