1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buff Katana/JP's

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by Prizm_BlitzYT, Nov 24, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Yes! Buff something!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Prizm_BlitzYT

Prizm_BlitzYT Criminal

Alright, looting for new players is hard enough. Having people that you can't see/hear dive on you, is pretty annoying whether you are geared or not. Something should definitely be done about this.

Options?

- Lower katana damage a bit. It is a super rare weapon, but it is just being used more and more, especially since DP's and all that, there is just more of them showing up in the game.

- Do something about the JetPack (JP). Make it so you can hear the jetpack before you see the person, or make them more expensive, as well as fuel. People prefer the jetpack over attack mavs, and other attack vehicles because of the use of the katana is so easy to kill players.

I get many people may disagree with this thread, but try and understand that the game is supposed to be balanced, and not very pay to win. New players are not going to want to stick around if they keep getting cucked while they are trying to farm some easy kills/get some loot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    Eh, they are already the most buffed items in the game imo, they would be over powered if they were buffed.

3. K9crusaderz

K9crusaderz Rock n' Roll Outlaw

I'm pretty sure he meant nerfed. I used to get the two mixed up as well

4. DuckPlays59

DuckPlays59 Hobo

I agree but at the same time, I disagree with you. There are many places that new players can go to get chests, as well as simply asking for help or waiting for a DP. Jetpackers usually prefer to not go inside of buildings, so new players can farm inside of the less-popular places that you don't see jetpackers at. I had the same problem when I just joined the server, but I quickly realized tricks to avoiding jetpackers. Chainsaw works really well against them too.

5. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    #K9crusaderz4Admin

6. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    I think you mean **********nerf**********

7. K9crusaderz

I've noticed that Moria is actually the best spot to avoid wingers and jetpackers, especially for hobos. The inside is way too tight for a wingsuit and even too tight for a jetpack to be much use as there is nowhere to run to if you get low on health, plus flying over the lava pit is sketchy as hell for a Flying Samurai (that's what we're calling jetpack-katana players now lol), because if they die over it the katana and whatever else they had has likely been disintegrated which is not preferred for either side in a fight. As a direct effect of these circumstances, very few high-ranked players ever hang out around Moria because they'd be better off chasing the jetpackers and wingers for the big money than farming the chests. This obviously makes it the ideal spot for hobos and low-ranked players who don't have much to defend themselves with yet.

8. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    True, but wouldn't the cave next to highway 2(or 3) be preferable as well?

Lol flying samurais
    Rip samurai629

9. K9crusaderz

That is Moria, unless there's another cave near the highway that I don't know about

10. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    Moria is the big cave/bridge at the moria warp, but there is a secret cave next to one of the highway wasps that contains a lake with an island in the middle that has like 8 chests.

11. K9crusaderz

Oh wait you're talking about duci's cave in the tree, I see.. Yeah, that would make a good hobo hideout as well

12. Akarush

Akarush Hunter

Ye duci's cave is a very good spot for hobos or fairly new players. I do agree that katanas should be a little bit more rare and maybe nerfed a little bit because I find so many GodMode hackers who somehow get a hold of a katana, but I think jetpacks are fine the way they are.

13. RedBin

RedBin Homie

honestly JP and Katana is pretty gucci already but maybe JPs can get a little more buff on either it's speed or something like that

14. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    So that's what it's called ._.