1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring Back VICE

Discussion in 'Vice' started by coalcruncher, May 4, 2019.

?

Bring back vice?

1. Yes

56.3%
  2. No

43.8%
  1. coalcruncher

coalcruncher Hobo

This is a stupid Idea but I want to bring back vice, mainly because thats why I played before I came to the main game mode. the only reason why it was dying is because everyone was waiting on season 3 to start, season 2 ended and you just have this big gap in the middle of nobody playing and regulars on the server playing on GTM waiting for season 3 to start so they could start logging on and fighting with the competition over the top cartel prize at the end of the season. plz sign on if u wanna bring it back.

P.S any one who hates my helicopter, Ill be gone if vice is back.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pistanmarc

pistanmarc Thug

Rest In Piece ViceMC, where i managed to help a group become liked a grouped version of Pablo Escobar just better

3. pistanmarc

pistanmarc Thug

In all seriousness, i do miss Vice, it was an amazing game mode, it was just not advertised enough in my opinion and thats what it caused it to fail. But it would be nice to have a ViceS3, and get all players from S1 and S2 together. Would make me really happy to have some of the good old memories come back with some amazing from back then.

4. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    Vice was fun, but the staff team clearly didn't have the motives or resources and therefore couldn't keep up with it. If they didn't care before, I seriously dought they are willing to now.

5. KwonShiYun

KwonShiYun MammaStaff

Home Page:
    Vice was started out of the interest of "1" manager and not really out of the interest of the team. After said person left the team no one else on the senior team had an interest in the game mode enough to learn it or to try to manage it. If you pack on the lack of interest in the staff team other then the few who played it (Not counting the staff who say they miss it and didn't actually play it) and you put that together with the fact that we had to shove all of our focus back into GTM which was riddled with bugs at the time. Vice was just to much to handle for something we didn't have any idea or plans for. It was a smart decision to let it go from all perspectives. I get that some players like to play game modes sometimes where there are only more then 20 players on once every few hours. But, you have to imagine how that looks from our perspective as a business thinking about what to put our time and effort into.

(But, to the original posters post) On the comment of "only reason it was dying". Too say it was dying is incorrect. I think every senior member was aware of why it had a lower then usual player count when it came to near the ending of the vice season. But, the problem is that it wasn't gaining traction so not only was it not dying. But, it was also not gaining any real business (I also want to point out for all the people who are thinking to themselves "omg you are just thinking about the money." I just want to remind those people that without the money the server doesn't exist in the first place.) So if you combined that and the fact there wasn't a manager with any interest in learning its mechanics you just simply don't get a working product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    While I liked it this is 100% correct.

And if anyone is wondering why it had a low playercount towards the end it's mainly because there was not currently a season in progress for MANY months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. KwonShiYun

KwonShiYun MammaStaff

Home Page:
    We had plans to fix things before re-opening the season. But, we couldn't find a dev with the interest to put time into it. It simply was just "boring" to a lot of the staff team that played the game mode. It was just "unfortunate" that when we were in the middle of releasing it we were in the middle of letting go the same manager that wanted it. There has to be a level of interest between "developer <---> server" otherwise things won't work out in general. So we had to scrap it after a few months of trying to shove more focus back into GTM which was already plagued at that time and trying to find a dev who had an interest in a drug server.

So with that being said unfortunately it will not be coming back anytime soon or anytime in a foreseeable future. But, we have tons of new plans coming for GTM ;). All senior members have worked there ass off this week to do some new coming stuff.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. Gamebro

Gamebro Hobo

So you are looking for a vice manager and it could be the vice coming back this year. you just need a vice manager and then vice comes back