1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automated GTM help bot

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by IanPeru, May 20, 2018.

1. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    The future of player assistance is here. I am taking it upon myself to create an automated help chat bot programmed with variations of every question a player could ask, from how to move to how to break into MixLogics… Dungeon. Staff members will be able to paste the link in chat in situations where normal answering just wouldn’t do the trick.

But for this to be successful I need everyone to think as many of the DUMBEST variations of regular GTM questions. They don’t need to be the dumbest, I just need multiple variations of a question that an illiterate noob would type(no offense to illiterate noobs).

For example: How do I shoot my gun?

• how do i maek my gun shoot

• how to fire gun

• what is shoot control

Please also include the original variation of the question to make my life easier when I insert them all into the code. And lol I’m not going to provide a deadline for this project. The last time I did that it failed miserably.

you can start typing now

2. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    this would not be very effective because of the hundreds of ways players could ask questions, this is why human responses are better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JustNassim

JustNassim Hobo

Ex-Administrator on Grand Theft Minecart
    We already got macros ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SkylixMC

SkylixMC Verified Straighter than a Straight Ruler Staff Member Developer

Lixing Minecraft
    Yeah, a lot of us use macros to quickly respond to messages in very high detail. What macro to use and if or not to include any additional response is upon human discretion. I think we should keep it that way because bots are dumb... Like.. very.

5. Dieheldernaar

Dieheldernaar Manager / Build Team Manager

Administrator on the GrandTheftMinecart network.
    Bots won't answer a question if it's ''How do i use my cra'' Instead of ''How do i use my car'', so we will keep it like this.

6. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding

"But for this to be successful I need everyone to think as many of the DUMBEST variations of regular GTM questions. They don’t need to be the dumbest, I just need multiple variations of a question that an illiterate noob would type(no offense to illiterate noobs).

For example: How do I shoot my gun?

• how do i maek my gun shoot
    • how to fire gun
    • what is shoot control

Please also include the original variation of the question to make my life easier when I insert them all into the code."

Half the post was addressing that... And this would be for the rare circumstance there was no staff on. Plus in the future I'll add a catalog for searching for questions, so a players spelling won't really matter at that point.

7. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    I remember at one point we were working for a AI but it’s a bit low on our list of priorities now

8. Owendog77

Owendog77 Pimp

Depends
    The only way this would ever be effective is if one of two things occured:

We thought of the hundreds of thousands of ways people could ask questions, including different languages.

Or

We had it opperate on keywords like a search engine

Expl: haw do i choot my gen?

The engine would look at the sentence then use a system which acts as an autocorrect to fix any misspelled words. It would then find keywords in the sentence such as (how, shoot, gun) and say the correct message based on what the combonation of keywords are most likely asking / stating.

9. IanPeru

IanPeru Hunter

Tryharding
    I'll make it...

I agree with the fact that we would have to do hundreds of variations. However if that one rare player came along that couldn't spell their question properly, I don't think it would be so bad for that one player to wait for a staff member. Regretfully that's how it would have to go.

In regard to the keywords I was already planning on it but as it would be difficult to do I would have to implement it in a later version. I'm also thinking of having an option to just click buttons to get to the answer you needed.

For example: Money > How To Get Money > How To Sell > How To Sell Guns > Where Is Ammunation.

Your other suggestion is good, and I'll be seriously considering it. Thanks for the feedback.

10. MixLogic

MixLogic Author of GTM Code of Conduct Supreme

Manager on Grand Theft Minecart
    I’m talking about an actual AI that can interpret context over a long amount of time, not just a generic x input text and y output text, this would just be server intensive and impractical. For it to have any effect someone would need to come up with thousands of variations for the same question and then we would need the server to run and compare each of those to each help question.

• Memetastic Memetastic x 1